Posted: Aug 21st 2010 9:27PM (Unverified) said

I remember playing an AM on the PTS. While I did have to slot the stat increase tactic, I used full sovereign + 180 armour talismans in all of my slots and I believe my willpower was still in the 800's. My armour (with the 5% armour renown thing) was around 3.2k without a pot, with one of those 907 I could get over 4k.

If I ever get my AM to 80, I'll be seeing how I go as a frontline healer, because with detaunt and a guard I think it could go very well.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2010 2:05PM Greg W said

That's an interesting take on defensive stat focus. It could be quite expensive to go that route just for testing, but it certainly is interesting enough to possibly try it out in the future. Thanks for posting!

Posted: Aug 21st 2010 11:53PM drakon said

Nice article.....but its irrelevant for RvR unless you're wearing sovereign gear.

Anything less than sovereign gear and you're playing an insta-gib deathmatch with a wiffle bat.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2010 12:48AM GaaaaaH said

Do the melee'rs hold the line in general combat or still start retreating at the first sign of trouble?

Posted: Aug 22nd 2010 5:52AM Pan1 said

We can hold the line.

But only as long as we are being healed.
Or until our fancy skills run out.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2010 1:41AM jimr9999us said

Good points on healing strats, esp. the focus on initiative. Looking forward to returning to W:AoR again in October and throwing my 38/40 runie against witch elf blades.

'tis a brutal rr grind as a healer for sure!

Posted: Aug 22nd 2010 7:49AM (Unverified) said

"Acquiring more slots and better-quality talismans is your job, but always remember to aim for a base willpower score of 986 (without Discipline and liniments) and that all statistics soft-cap at 1050"

Would love to know how to get to such a high willpower without Discapline slotted. I run 8 out of 9 sov and followed the same renown path as above. You say talis slots are used for wounds. How on earth do you get even close to 986 ??? Please let me know cos ill be on it like a shot.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2010 2:03PM Greg W said

First of all, the Sovereign set only has 8 pieces. Second, I wrote that I aim for those stats as an ideal, not that I achieve them. The idea that I tried to communicate was that: after achieving a willpower score high enough that you're comfortable and close to cap before liniments and Discipline, that you should focus on your wounds stat using talismans, as they're the cheapest and most reliable method of increasing your hitpoints.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2010 3:38PM (Unverified) said

Yes 7 of 8 not 8 of 9 my bad. The point is that the peice indicates to me the way it is worded that its possible to attain well over 900 will without using discipline when thats just not possible

Posted: Aug 22nd 2010 7:33PM (Unverified) said

Greg, an interesting note I forgot to point out was that while Initiative is good to have, having reduced % to crit on your items would be a more efficient option (in my opinion anyway) as well as the Swordmaster stat steal which can boost both your initiative and willpower by a max of 120 for 10 seconds (mine is at 111 because of the way I spec) which procs quite often. The other reason I would like to point out is the full sovereign ability for the healing set is that no one in your group can be critically hit for 10 seconds, but then you need to have the gear and level for that and its on a 2 minute cooldown.

Anyway great article, I would definately like to get in contact with you as to how you got your position at Massively as I'd like to be a writer too.

All the best!

EVE Evolved: What does Thera mean for EVE?

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 6:00PM