Posted: Aug 20th 2010 3:56PM Its Utakata stupid said

Someone forgot to imbed. :(

...also, *jiggle physics* should be term adopted by all the computer gaming industry that walks and breaths...if it hasn't already.

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 4:04PM Seraphina Brennan said

Unfortunately, the embed code for this week was screwed up. We tried to get it to work all morning, but it just wouldn't work with us.

We'll try again next week. Sorry for the confusion there.

~Sera

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 4:06PM DevilSei said

Well, Tomonobu Itagaki of DoA and Gaiden fame pretty much invented the term of Jiggle-Physics in the Game industry, so already done.

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 4:18PM Its Utakata stupid said

Thanks Sera for the update.

*Erratum: I meant to say embed...a freudian typo is a freudian typo. :(

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 4:21PM Its Utakata stupid said

Oh, okay devilsei...as my disclaimer at the end of what I said suggests I was wondering about that. Thanks for confirming that. :)

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 4:14PM Lateris said

Casey- you need to grow your hair long. and grow a long beard. Keep the tie and wear the men in black suits.

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 5:03PM RogueJedi86 said

He looks nice with long hair and the beard in the Office Jesus segments they occasionally show on "Attack of the Show". :)

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 7:29PM Monkey D Luffy said

• 1 heart
I'm guessing Bioware payed off G4 to say that the crappy TOR space combat is good to trick the weak minded people watching.

Pretty sad that anyone would accept something so bad.

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 8:41PM RogueJedi86 said

Or maybe Blizzard paid you to say something about TOR is bad. See? Two can play the Bribery Assumption game.

I happen to like TOR's space combat. I didn't like the idea at first, but seeing it in action really helped convert me. It's able to give us a directed experience. Think Starfox, or Rogue Squadron. Or if you want a SW example, think of the opening space battle in RotS. Anakin and Obi-Wan flew on a set path straight towards Grevious' ship, but it wasn't boring or anything. It was linear sure, but that only made it more goal-focused.

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 9:03PM Monkey D Luffy said

• 1 heart
So you want to play that crappy space combat for however long the game lasts?

That's pretty sad that you can just accept something so bad and be happy about it.
It's basically a bombing run like in WoW with a little extra.

If they are going to add space combat then it needs to be Battlefront style space combat or none at all until they can come up with a better idea.

The people that are not weak minded enough not to be tricked expect much more than this.

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 9:56PM RogueJedi86 said

Just because it's not what you wanted doesn't make it bad. Would you call Starfox bad for having "tunnel combat"? What about Rogue Squadron? Would you call the opening battle of RotS bad for only having Anakin+Obi-Wan flying in one direction?

The people mature enough to realize they can't always get what they want know enough to know that other options are not bad. If you want the open space system, go play SWG, it has plenty of room. It has some of my favorite MMO space combat, I highly recommend it.

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 10:14PM Monkey D Luffy said

This is a MMO, not an old N64 airplane game.

This game is going to be just another WoW clone failure without good space combat.

The current space combat not what anyone with a mind of their own wants (not just me).

No wonder every MMO is almost exactly the same.
You just accept the crap that's given to you with a smile on you face asking for more.

Posted: Aug 21st 2010 4:34AM Pan1 said

I guess I have no soul.

Interesting tactic, might work on the weak of mind.

Posted: Aug 21st 2010 4:37AM Pan1 said

FYI if you follow the SW fanbase then you know that was an outright lie.

Pretty much NOONE is bouncing in his chair.
The only ones who are, are proud to call themself fans. :/

Luckily ToR was at gamescom and I got to play it.
That cured the burning desire to play this game in an instant.

Posted: Aug 21st 2010 2:13PM RogueJedi86 said

Your valuable feedback is appreciated at BioWare. Feel free to continue to give such useful feedback as "playing this game killed my burning desire to play it". Maybe you can tell us "this game sucks" too?