Posted: Aug 20th 2010 10:05AM (Unverified) said

Must say, just saw it live and really congrats to the people behind Guild Wars 2(and 1) -ArenaNet* and for those in NCsoft labs they really made a new awesome all-in-all game.

I would like to put my hands on a copy.

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 10:12AM (Unverified) said

Well deserved.

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 10:14AM Valdur said

They really deserved in all aspect...

Grats ArenaNet and I can't wait to log in your fantastic world.

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 10:20AM Agar said

Obvious reward is obvious, the gameplay videos that i saw far surpassed my expectations! Still playing GW1 and buying GW2 at release :)

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 11:34AM Ocho said

Me, too, man. Me, too. Its the first time I'm actually considering buying a collector's edition if they offer one...

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 10:22AM DarkMellie said

I am so ready for GW2, can we have it now please?

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 10:29AM Barinthos said

Not surprised in the slightest. Guild Wars 2 is at the top of my "Must Play NAO!" list.

The videos they release of the new classes abilities is just drool worthy. Waiting (im)patiently for the beta to roll around and hope beyond hope that I get accepted to it too.

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 10:31AM Minofan said

Well deserved - would have been great to be there to play it!

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 10:48AM Audacious said

What I've seen and know of the game has only disappointed me in a single aspect.

Picky as I am about everything, that is quite a feat. Thus far the only MMO I'm still looking forward to.

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 11:17AM rev2k6 said

i dont really like guild wars , but id o somehow think they deserved it lol , shark attack zomg.

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 11:16AM Wurm said

Congrats ArenaNet :)

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 11:23AM Sunlover said

Awesome. Can't wait =)

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 11:39AM paterah said

I probably won't be playing it (leaning towards TERA), but I think they deserve this one. I think this will be a very established MMO in the future.

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 11:39AM Ocho said

Spoiler: Was reading the book last night, didn't finish it yet, but they were discussing different types of magic, and one of the protaganists specifically mentions "mesmer" magic. So, according to the book so far, it looks like Necromancer and Mesmer are in as playable classes as well.

Of course, mentioning it in the book isn't official, but I think ANet wouldn't have let the author put something in the novel that wouldn't make it to the game, being as tight as they are about information release.

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 11:44AM (Unverified) said

Grats!! Tell us when it ships!! :)

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 12:16PM Zantom said

Have they even announced a target quarter yet?

I hate waiting for MMOs to release. And most of the time you get your hands on it to find rays of disappointment beaming down upon you instead of the joy you anticipated so highly.

Lets hope that GW2's arrival will be a happy reunion and worth the wait...

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 12:17PM redsolar said

Grats, ArenaNet!

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 1:17PM (Unverified) said

This is my frist time to play this game , Where can I get More infomation about it?

GW2 Gold

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 12:24PM Anatidae said

First, congrats to ArenaNet. Good work pays off.

I have faith that GW2 will be a well made game, however I also question any award given out to games that are not released. It should be, "ArenaNet wins best demo".

I mean really, a company could focus on creating a mindblowing 10 minutes of gameplay and clean up an award like this. If one were trying to impress shareholders or raise more investment.

Silly award - but I think ArenaNet has been showing nothing but superb work on GW2 and they deserve all the silly awards they can get!

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 12:58PM (Unverified) said

Actually, you need to look a bit more...tons of videos...there was HOURS of hands on time with the game, and not just a basic demo. Backroom meetings, dev demos and more.
Somethings WERE cut out (character creation, as they felt people would spend more time making their character than playing...which is a win in my book; and they also cut out some of the middle game...which is also fine because in MMO's, we want two things...the first of the game to grab us, and endgame to keep us)
In so many words, we were given a large well rounded look with tons of hands on time..
They deserve GAME of the show...period.

MMO Week in Review: WoW's rebound

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 8:00PM

EVE Evolved: What does Thera mean for EVE?

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 6:00PM