Posted: Aug 19th 2010 11:36AM maty said

SCEE (Sony Europe), Codemasters and Blitz have also flown to Dundee to help out.

Source - Develop:
Sony: http://www.develop-online.net/news/35667/Sony-rallies-to-RTW-redundancies
Codemasters: http://www.develop-online.net/news/35670/Codemasters-joins-RTW-rescue-attempt
Blitz: http://www.develop-online.net/news/35657/Blitz-jets-in-to-help-RTW

I'm posting right from my office (I make games too), I feel for these guys. All the best to all those involved!

Posted: Aug 19th 2010 12:37PM Beau Hindman said

I agree, this game is unique and fun! Hang in there, guys...keep it going and I'll keep playing!

Although the cops tazer thingy DOES get annoying. lol

Beau

Posted: Aug 19th 2010 12:28PM Dragotx said

While this is great for the employees, and is awesome to hear, it's not going to help salvage APB itself. I play the game, and enjoy it most of the time. Yes, hacking and aimbotting have been an issue, but until the Administration announcement, it wasn't as widespread as people made it out to be. A big part of the problem attributed to aimbotters was how uneven the matchmaking system is. I've played the game quite a bit since it was released, and only saw a couple of people that I thought might have been aimbotting before the announcement. Now that the comapny is in such dire straits, the aimbotters are having a field day though. I'm personally hoping one of the big companies decides to buy the game out, break the hackers, and keep it running long enough to get back on it's feet. It is an awesome idea, and when the different elements all come together is a blast to play.

Posted: Aug 19th 2010 12:46PM (Unverified) said

I make games too and wish this guys the best of luck! One of the artists from RTW used to work with us and I went to uni with one of the community fellasso I really feel pretty close to this story.

Thanks to Blitz and Codies!!!

Posted: Aug 19th 2010 2:57PM (Unverified) said

Obviously something sound pretty wired when they Announced that no one is obligate to post anything about the game (only after 11 days), I still hope to see more things from this game but In my suggestion to Realtime Worlds:
Go Rouge do it F2P and put a Shop with lots and lots of cheap accessories.

Posted: Aug 19th 2010 6:38PM ultimateq said

I support this game as well, and I don't mind the pay2play model, but I would be open to a free2play model as well.

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 5:59AM (Unverified) said

Keep APB alive!

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM