Posted: Aug 27th 2010 1:39AM (Unverified) said

My sentiments exactly, alas, I also really tried to like this game and post about possible improvements on the dev boards. But to be honest, seeing the same poor ui and control schemes of the 1st gen was extremely disheartening. I feel bad that the developers have decided that they didn't really need to deviate from the same formula that gave them success with ffxi. It's just not what you would want from a modern mmo.

As much people don't want to admit it, wow changed the mmo market, and for good reason. Its some things are expected out of the box in today's market. ffxiv fails on too many fronts to be deemed a purchase.

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 4:59AM Graill440 said

There you go folks, making games for the money model and what "they" want, not what we want. I removed FF from my beast earlier today anyway after i finally recieved a reply on my bug submissions, all by design was the answer. Its not turning out to be what i expected nor what i would desire to sub to. Good luck to beta group 4, 2/3 were enough for me.

GW2, your up next. (grin)

Posted: Sep 4th 2010 9:12PM (Unverified) said

I wouldn't have a problem if there was actually a ton of quests to do, but the guild leves ARE the quests, and being restricted in such as way is a terrible idea. SE are consistant with their lies or just plainly don't understand modern MMos, WoW has one thing right and thats viable solo play from start to cap, forced grouping for endgame/pvp etc ~ the system works, nobody wants to be forced to group just to level anymore, that's so 5+ years ago.

Originally, SE wanted to cater to the casual crowded by making solo play viable, but now in a complete 180 turn...now its back to essentially enforcing static forced grouping again just like FFX11, couple that with stupid fatigue system in place to stop powerlevellers, couple that with all the other major issues and what you have is a game that clearly isn't remotely ready for general release, SE don't know what direction to go with the game anymore....solo friendly or forced grouping? Casual or hardcore? SE just simply haven't got a clue, and from what I can gather from playing both betas and reading up...I expect FFXIV to do well in the initial sales, but after the first month expect to lose 50%+ of its population, I for one, already cancelled my Special Edition Pre-order, simply because of one thing, one thing that I can't forgive or accept and that is the 48hr guild leve system, I'm sorry but I like to quest on my schedule, and since there isn't really much else in the way of quests....FFXIV again, falls squarely in the grindfest genre of MMOs, hey at least it might be able to beat Aion right?

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM