Posted: Aug 19th 2010 5:24PM Mirin said

Am I the only old guy who just sucks at FPS now? I liked this game i was just sooooo bad at it, made a good trade in for RDR tho =)

Posted: Aug 19th 2010 5:54PM anduz said

I'm pretty old and I havn't really enjoyed an online FPS since Starsiege Tribes (hated tribes 2 etc). Originally found out about MAG because some webcomic made me aware I could join their beta for free around last christmas. The webcomic was basically about running around in confusion, getting shot without ever seeing the enemy and that's basically what the game was like for the first 2-5 hours. :p

Once I got a hang of the maps and started being more aware of my team things started to get much better though. Now I absolutely love it, I think I might actually end up putting as many hours into it as I did with Tribes.

It does depend a bit on your team though and a squad commander who doesn't update objectives can absolutely ruin your matches.

Posted: Aug 19th 2010 9:20PM Mirin said

Yea I don't know what the deal is, I think my reactions are just slower, or maybe I just care a whole lot less...I still like to play them but but you whhhippersnappers beat the crap out of me with ease. MMOs are def more my speed these days.

In addition: get off my lawn

Posted: Aug 19th 2010 5:27PM CCon99 said

I was still disappointed by MAG, from the early trailers I got the impression it was going to be more open with a giant map with multiple objectives to hold/take with lots of player vehicles on the ground and in the sky. It's still a decent game, but from the early development I think many thought it was going to be more like a Planetside type of game.

Posted: Aug 19th 2010 5:58PM Seraphina Brennan said

Same here CCon... same here...

And yet, as I type this, my roommate is playing this right now. It's not bad... but it's certainly not what I thought it was going to be either. I was hoping more Chromehounds.

Posted: Aug 19th 2010 6:10PM Kinau said

• 1 heart
Nope, still not an MMO :)

Posted: Aug 19th 2010 6:53PM alucard3000 said

if APB can be considered an mmo so can this and I find it funny all the keyboard prophets that are crying the mmo market is crashing! because it(APB) is failing.

Posted: Aug 19th 2010 6:35PM (Unverified) said

It's more of an MMO than Star Trek Online and Champions Online.

Anyways, love MAG but really got tired of the lack of variety in maps. This Escalation DLC is JUST the thing to bring me back in for a while. Awesome news.

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 6:17AM Snichy said

Is this PS3 only? Is there a PC version in the works? Their website is unhelpful to say the least.

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 11:01AM Jef Reahard said

It's PS3-only. I haven't heard of them wanting to port it to any other platform.

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 11:05AM Snichy said

Shame. I really dont like FPS games on PS3 due to the controller, I prefer a mouse.