Posted: Aug 18th 2010 10:28AM (Unverified) said

You know that bit at the bend of the prologue in Oblivion, where you choose your class? A guard says something like "from what I've seen you're an experienced..." and whatever class best fits your play style up to that point. Last time I played it was suggested I was a bard. It's been a while since I've sworn so much at a fictional character.

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 10:31AM (Unverified) said

Paladin.

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 10:35AM (Unverified) said

Only class in wow I never played was a warlock. I played a hunter for about 10 minutes. I don't like warlocks, probably because they are the anti-rogue and my favorite target when I did play wow.

Nowdays I usually start a new game with a 'tank' class but spec them for DPS. I like going slightly agaimst the grain in that regard(ie; swordmaster in war, knight/warrior in ROM, death knight, etc).

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 10:40AM (Unverified) said

Rogue type's. Too... "dirty" ./shrug

NOt much of a fan of tanks either

Posted: Aug 25th 2010 9:12AM DucSS said

Exactly. I realize rogue is just a playstyle but I perceive it as almost unethical. Stun your opponent, remove its defensive capabilities, poison it? Meh, not for me.

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 11:06AM J Brad Hicks said

Pure healer or pure tanker. If it can't solo, I'm not going near it.

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 11:51AM wcdregon said

I am not averse to mages, but I generally only play them if I am forced to. FFXI had me level black and white mage as subjob. On occasion I will choose a non-mage support role, especially if its a beloved class. WoW I had pally, FFXI had bard, CoH I had ice/storm controller (lots of slows and debuffs, but only 1 single target heal) My main is usually redundant, ranger in ffxi, hunter in wow and blaster in CoH.
I like shooting things, preferrably with bows.

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 12:51PM The Other Chris said

I will not play a class that is unable to solo.

I prefer ranged classes (Hunter, Elementalist, Blaster, etc) and pet classes (Hunter, Mastermind, etc), but I'll give just about anything a shot.

I used to be against specific archetypes, like Tanks or Rogues, but there have been a few games where those archetypes ended up being fun to play. For Tanks, I enjoyed my Prot Warrior in WoW (up through BC, LK was terribad). For Rogues, LotRO's Burglar class ended up being quite fun to play, yet I can't stand the WoW Rogue. So I'll give just about any class a good try, but it that class is unable to solo then I won't even bother.

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 5:28PM (Unverified) said

In PVE i don't really mind but i will end mostly as healer or tank, though i may play all classes.

In PVP, I will play Melee DPSer, Tanks or Healer.
I will never touch stealther, ranged dps or pet classes in pvp.

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 1:28PM Armidian said

Ranged dps.

It boggles my mind how people can find it enjoyable to stand as far away as possible from a mob and press the same button combination over and over again until it dies. In group situations where movement is important they almost always fall flat and they pretty much require no situational awareness to play. Yes you need them no i wont ever be brought to play one.

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 1:37PM Djinn said

I don’t enjoy combat. I view it as a necessary evil that I have to deal with in order to get my RPG / Adventure gaming time. My first characters were pet classes so my pet could do the “in your face” combat while I was far removed from it healing/buffing the pet and added dmg. After a while, I got used to all the combat and will now play any class. But I will not tank or heal. After seeing the abuse and blame heaped upon people in those roles, I simply refuse. For that reason I tend not to make characters in the healing classes at all. A fighter can say that he’s not spec’d to tank and another can usually be found. But even if you say your Cleric or Priest isn’t spec’d to heal, people will often ask that you try anyway because there is often such a lack of healers.

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 3:13PM (Unverified) said

Warrior Priest. Melee healers that wear battle dresses are not appealing to me.

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 4:08PM (Unverified) said

No interest in class focused on healing. I don't mind having one or two in the bag, but as soon as someone else expects you to heal them after doing something stupid... just not my idea of fun.

Also not a big fan of pure melee classes. Throw in some lasting status effects, perhaps a group buff, maybe even a heal or two, then I'm up for it.

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 4:09PM Evy said

I don't enjoy tanking when it's my only option. My current love is a feral druid in WoW. I can tank if I want to, but I don't -have- to. I find the warrior class horribly unappealing because I enjoy DPS so much more. Just about the least interesting combo to me is a prot warrior.

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 10:39PM (Unverified) said

F()@

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 10:44PM (Unverified) said

Take 2:

F()@< Paladins

Posted: Aug 19th 2010 4:29PM (Unverified) said

Tank - it's just not my thing at all, I think I'd go nuts trying to play one. I usually pick a ranger/hunter-type character for soloing and a healer for grouping. I was afraid to try healer for the longest time, but once I did, turns out I liked it. I find it much easier to multitask as a healer than a DPS for some reason.

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 6:56AM limskmy said

I would rather have my entrails gnawed by rats than play a tank.

One Shots: Cruising for Borg

Posted on Dec 22nd 2014 10:00AM

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM