Posted: Aug 18th 2010 8:05AM kasapina said

I love playing a rogue, yet I'd never touch a warrior. I hate the concept.

Also, hunters. I don't mind rangers without pets, but a class that has to manage a pet AND uses a bow is too much for me.

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 5:13PM pcgneurotic said

Funny that, I'm completely the opposite. I'd rather face my enemy and batter him down than creep around him and poke him. Must admit though, there are times when I wouldn't mind some stealth mode action. :D

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 8:06AM (Unverified) said

I have never really played a rogue type class (even tho Bards are usually lumped into a rogue archetype I dont really consider them rogue classes). Not to say I never will, they just have never really appealed to me before.

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 8:07AM (Unverified) said

I will never, ever play a tank.
I'm more a behind the scenes guy, say, a healer or DPS support (hunter). That's my game, not aggro dancing and hugging a giant guy for 15 minutes

I hate tabking so much that when Turbine destroyed champions and made em tanks, I shelved my toon and rolled a RK

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 8:19AM (Unverified) said

Any kind of healer. It's just a boring snoozefest. A game of whack-a-mole most of the time. It's basically saying that in a game that revolves around killing people, the healer is the one that stays in the back and does no killing. Never made any sense to me.

Also, the Hunter types with the pet. A pet is just so... annoying. Having to manage another character is just really cumbersome. What's interesting is that there are certain degrees of it. From the worst, which will be something like Dragon Age where the "pets" are full characters, to semi-enjoyable like the Warlock pets in WoW or the Squigs in Warhammer. The less I'm involved with them, the better.

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 8:26AM DarkMellie said

Completely agree. I suck enough at RTS's that the mere thought of bringing NPC-management to an MMO's shits me to tears. Even my little pet in Guild Wars that does absolutely nothing is a pain in the butt.

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 8:29AM timthel0rd said

The healer role always appealed to me, with the maximum appeal coming from sometihng like the hybrid warrior/healer Warriorpriest in WAR.

I love knowing that it's BECAUSE of me, that all those guys are killing everything that moves.

Sure, both those warriors are good, but the one I'm healing can win a 1v3, because I'm so damn good.

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 9:17AM Scuffles said

While I do not agree on your stance on pet classes (as personally I love them)
My first MMO class ever was a bonedancer from DAoC, managing aggro an casting really didn't take long to pick up.

I will fully agree with your stance on healers and support classes in general because not only are they boring to play but most games toss out additional penalties to their leveling. I might almost be able to stand it if it weren't for getting a fraction of the XP the DPS characters in the group were getting.

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 9:18AM Snichy said

It certainly takes a special person to be a healer (and an even more special person to be a Super Healer...!)

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 8:23AM (Unverified) said

i never play as a caster, wizard or any thing with mana, i hate all this class i prefer rangers, warriors and rouges

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 10:21AM kasapina said

Can't..resist..rouge joke..

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 5:42PM Joystiq Login Bugs SUCK said

Rouge is overpowdered.

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 8:26AM Pewpdaddy said

There isn't a toon I haven't played. They are all fun, but the stealth based squishy melee has never been something I can stick with. I can heal, tank, DPS with the best of 'em. But if it's a squishy melee toon I simply can't pay attention to the small HP pool unless I'm at range.

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 8:27AM nomoredroids said

Tanks. I am not a tanker.

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 8:27AM timthel0rd said

Generally, I'm a lover of all classes (my MMO mate calls me altoholic :>) but I've never really enjoyed pet classes.

There's nothing I've played that made me go OH GOD NEVER AGAIN.

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 8:28AM Enkiel said

i dont know if there's a class i'll never play...

i've played just about everything, from pseudo Healer in DAoC, to Tank/DPS in Wow. Even pet class has its charm in my book.

I'm usually going the ranged/caster route, because i like to kill stuff before it kills me, but i'm an alt-aholic.

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 8:31AM (Unverified) said

Every single class in a Simpsons MMO, if they ever make one (and sooner or later they will...).

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 8:36AM benfolds said

I can't play a Melee class to save my life except the Death Knight class of WOW, and thats more of a Hybrid of classes. I don;t know why, but my heart and skill has always been Caster/Healer. And other than the Rogue class, I tend to find Melee boring visually.

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 8:40AM Platypus Man said

Folks who play healers have my absolute respect, because I sure as Heck don't want the job. :) I don't play healers or priests or druids or any kind of support class. For one, I don't enjoy it. For another, healing in a pick-up group can be a thankless task; I'd rather spend that time scraping my thighs with a cheese-grater.

I tend to gravitate toward ranged weapon classes -- hunters/rangers/etc. -- and rogue-types. I like classes with an eclectic "bag of tricks", too -- my all-time favorite class was the Demolitionist in Tabula Rasa... so much fun! So many toys! My current main in Champions Online is a gadgeteer.

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 8:43AM Faryon said

I think a better question would be "What class will you never, ever play again?" since I usually try out every class in MMOs. In WoW I will never play Warrior, Rogue and Mage again. I also try to avoid tanking classes/speccs in other MMOs.