Posted: Aug 17th 2010 9:38PM (Unverified) said

The game looks GREAT! I won't be playing it though. Can't see paying a sub for it.

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 6:06AM (Unverified) said

LOOKS AWESOME! Not a traditional gear grinding pile of crap. Any so-called sandbox player should at least try this if they are going to complain about the endless pile of theme parks.

See you October 29th!

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 7:29PM (Unverified) said

Wow! Looking forward to all the cocks and concentrationcamps people will make!!!

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 10:25PM (Unverified) said

I got a beta key to try out this game, and to be honest its not that fun as it sounded before i started playing it. Picking up a class is useless cause you usually find yourself better off using random pieces of gear rather than the "armour" that gives you the class bonuses (at least this was the case with Space Marauders)

It is a game where you grind and grind achievements in order to get better equipment. I remember having to "repair" instruments in order to get a guitar or bass that had better weapon stats than my current weapon.

another issue with the game is KS, KSing is so easy in this game!! basically whoever gets the last shot will get all the loot. Without party options doing the hardest quest available (one involving killing a dragon) was impossible unless you begged people to help you do it and let you land the last few shots.

and to Fledo, this game screams grinding in the achievement system where they ask you absurd things like "falling in the water 100 times" which takes time and will cost you some in-game currency.

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 11:23PM WeirdJedi said

I think the fun factor for Lego Universe is entirely dependent on player cooperation and game mechanics. When I played beta, I was addicted to collecting every little mini-game achievement they had. I'm not too thrilled with building my own little world with the Lego pieces. I just don't have the patience. I had to stop after the first section just to keep the surprises from being spoiled upon release.

My brother and I preordered the game and will be playing it. For how long? Who knows. World of Warcraft kept us busy for 2 years. Star Trek, only 1 month. Right now we are simply playing Starcraft 2. Depends on how much there is to do before "endgame".

Posted: Aug 27th 2010 8:35PM (Unverified) said