Posted: Aug 18th 2010 3:11PM MrVister said

I hate to say it but I am terribly disappointed by the graphics/gameplay in this trailer.

It looks spazzy, not smooth. The shots where they are standing still look great but all of the action shots are very blah. The powers don't even look that good.

I had my wife watch this and the CoH trailer back to back and she didn't know which was newer.

A game coming out this year should not look like a game that came out 5 years ago.

Really too bad. Guess I will have to put my desire to play a superhero game on hold once again. I understand that this is still in development but experience has taught me that if they are releasing videos already then it is probably not going to look much better live.

Maybe Marvel will get it right (doubtful).

Posted: Aug 20th 2010 2:40PM (Unverified) said

Watch a longer gameplay video, the graphics look leaps and bounds better than CoH, WoW and most other MMOs, the only ones I can think of thay really outmatch it easily are FFXIV and Aion. Besides that, its comic based, the graphics dont need to be spectacular. Wait for beta and im sure you will be suprised... Also the biggest plus for this game is how refreshing it will be to just mindless questing and grinding...you are fighting supervillians, not boars in the forrest. The action based system allows for more exciting combat, AND the opportunity to make strategy challenging for once because you will have to react much faster

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 5:51PM (Unverified) said

Nice assesment of the gameplay....given that it's not even in beta yet. (I agree that the costumes are a bit lackluster, and the body types are clones...but again, it's not in beta yet.).

Betawatch: December 13 - 19, 2014