Posted: Aug 16th 2010 11:17AM (Unverified) said

Ah, miragent memories in aion, 2 weeks of crafting (30 attempts) to get to 400 tailoring and all 30 fails :). Was fun to see people getting to level 50 1 month after me and getting it in the first 2-3 tries :). Good mechanics for a FAIL GAME :)

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 11:19AM (Unverified) said

The Miragent quest goes down in my book as the worst quest ever designed.

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 11:21AM (Unverified) said

Oh, you haven't started part four.

Looking forward to that article. D8

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 6:34PM (Unverified) said

Pretty much this.

This one quest manages to embody the very essence of everything that is wrong with Aion - too much grind, too much time sink and too much randomness. And this is literally the penultimate quest in the game!

The part about making a Hot Heart of Magic deserves an entire article to itself.

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 12:11PM Deadalon said

This game got free trial yet ? I will keep asking until its out.

Posted: Aug 17th 2010 3:35PM TheColonel said

@Deadalon
My thoughts exactly. After reading the endless barrage of neutral or negative comments about this game on Massively over the last few months, the only way I'm ever going to play it is if there's a free trial. And there isn't.

You would think that NCSoft would have figured out by now that giving away 10 days of free play time essentially costs them nothing, and may lead to a few paid subs. Even if just 1% of all trialists upgraded to a regular account that's still a whole lot more than the none you get by not offering one. The fact that they don't offer a free trial makes me think two things - firstly that if they are too stupid to not offer a free trial then what else have they messed up? And secondly, are they trying to hide something bad?

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 12:19PM Danieros said

They should have changed the fourth part when they noticed people were selling bloods for way above what they expected to cost and they started hosting 2x experience events to make people hit 50 a lot faster. People love to gauge the economy in these games, with a centralized broker/auction house it takes no effort to do so besides checking prices every few hours and marking them up, especially such a critical item for the best PvE set available.

In the end, the fourth part is the hardest one by far if it takes more than 1 attempt, which is what happens with like 90% of the population.

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 12:21PM Danieros said

Maybe it's not the fourth part... anyway, what I mean is the part that requires to craft the Hot Heart of Magic and uses the Boiling Balaur Blood Stains.

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 12:35PM (Unverified) said

Better hope you can craft the Hot Heart of Magic on your first try or you will be losing probably over 100mil per try.

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 12:57PM (Unverified) said

Bloods are 150k ea right now. So 15m for bloods, and another couple of mill for additional stuff. So like 17m a try.

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 1:08PM (Unverified) said

My bad added like 1 too many 0's

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 3:49PM DarthDan said

I applaud your diligent research and exhaustive efforts in pursuit of this armor. It sounds crazily painful to me.

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 6:16PM Graill440 said

From Graill on financial advice, a quote from one of our readers....

" So if anyone has some brilliant (non-pyramid) schemes for fattening my pocketbook, please feel free to share!"

Graills answer:

Stop playing Aion. You will save money on a monthly basis and your time can be directed to more palatable ventures. Glad i could help.

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 3:36AM MJ Guthrie said

Actually, I am still enjoying the game -- though I make sure I play on my own terms. No need to "save" the monthly sub; 15 bucks for unlimited enjoyment, versus, what.. the cost of one movie ticket? I am getting a bargain.

No, I need some great in-game kinah makers!

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 3:00AM (Unverified) said

Our Poor Correspondent...

It's like watching someone punching themselves in the face - sure, they had it coming, but it still makes you wince.

On the other hand, by some miracle of RNG Our Correspondent gets it in one shot I feel that the experience is being mis-represented :P

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 3:33AM MJ Guthrie said

As for the hot heart of magic... my closest friend just got it in one shot, and I am very envious! I still have quite a bit of saving before I make it to that point, but I am getting there! Do the gaming gods take sacrifices...?

Posted: Feb 2nd 2011 5:21PM MJ Guthrie said

Updated article to include new information about NPC spawns.

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM