Posted: Aug 16th 2010 8:07AM mttgamer said

Some of the spiders in WoW do indeed freak me out. BUT the biggest thing I ALWAYS fear in ANY MMO is that my guild falls apart X_X which happens waaaaaaay too often this time of year

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 9:00AM Anax said

I'm with mttgamer. The thing that I fear the most about MMOs is when my guild falls apart and people I know only through the game leave it. MMO guilds always seem to fall apart eventually. It never fails to thoroughly depress me.

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 8:07AM ultimateq said

That I'll become hopelessly addicted... again. I never seem to learn. And I always pay the price.

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 1:14PM Revolting said

This. My fear is my own weakness. I cannot waste another 4 years so completely and utterly all-consumingly hooked on another mmo.

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 5:44PM (Unverified) said

This. I loved WoW, was a top tier raider, +2000 arena rating, had 3 max level toons, and all were able to Raid top tier content.

I quit 2 times, came back trying a less involved level of play each time but it just never worked.

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 8:08AM (Unverified) said

The superiority of the specialist class/role.

It takes all the fun out of character building if the only viable choice is the one where you're the best at a single specific thing. I hope Guild Wars 2's removal of the dedicated healing class will finally fix this, but I wouldn't be surprised if MMO players found a way to create a new holy trinity in that game.

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 7:26PM wjowski said

"Seems that whenever MMOs implement interesting hybrid classes, they eventually get changed to "choose what kind of specialist you want to be" fake hybrids under pressure of the fans."

Or alternately the fans will do it themselves and will viciously ostracize anyone that deviates from the 'most optimum spec'.

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 10:12AM Kifix said

You're right GrumpyJester, that sucks.

My main fear for all upcoming games is the stuff > all issue. I just can't stand it anymore.

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 8:16AM Lafajet said

I don't really think I have such a strong and primal emotion as fear, but as someone who is wotking towards getting in to the game industry I am a bit worried at how quick the big players (and the small ones) are to trying to jump on what someone else has done before. This isn't specific to just MMOs, but seeing as I'm really interested in the genre i probably notice it a bit more here. The current "big thing" seems to be F2P bandwagon and while I'm not against F2P as a model, I do think that a lot of people aren't doing it right currently.

Not to say that there isn't ANY new thinking in the industry, but I feel more often then not developers take the easy road. This is understandable, especially with how expensive games are becoming to make, but it doesn't always lead to good games or good business.

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 8:32AM Monkey D Luffy said

Lol, when i first glanced at that pic i thought it was a Warlock in Tier 8.

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 8:32AM Dumac said

Im not exactly afraid, but i am a bit anxious as to what the future bring to the genre. Im thinking of costs rising so much that a new MMO with less content and smaller overall scale would still cost too much for most studios, and i think that rather than "traditional" MMOs we might see something more casual, definitely free to play, simplistic, with social media integration to capitalize on the success of silly games like failville. I might be wrong but im not optimistic. Well, as long as GW2 doesn't suck, i'd be happy.

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 8:55AM xyna031 said

Age of conan's babarian Tier 1 skirt....

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 9:08AM (Unverified) said

all of my fears have already come true from the trend of developers to bring game sout half finished so they die before they can achieve thier potential to the fear that the elistist knobends who fill the chat with l33t speak will spoil the game experience for me.

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 9:10AM (Unverified) said

when they change the core of the game to become a casual, most boring grindfest of some sort to either attract more gamers and hide the lack of content. See Lotro: they completely destroyed crafting, introduced idiotic skirmishes as time sink, Radiance keeps steamrolling any idea of fun, storyline is becoming laughable, crappy nerfs and a lot of other things. It's gotten real bad, LOTRO, and it's sad because it was a good game

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 9:22AM Pingles said

My biggest fear is that the genre has gone as far as it can. That we are just getting recycled games with new quest text.

Nothing on the horizon seems like they are bringing anything ground-breaking. Just new character models and maps.

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 9:22AM timthel0rd said

Immense fear that I'll never find a class I like as much as the Warrior Priest on WAR.

Such ana wesome class, perfect in nearly every way.

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 9:23AM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
Epics for casuals

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 1:36PM kasapina said

So you fear that a time will come that players wont have to grind the same dungeon a dozen times for epics?

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 9:36AM Scuffles said

My current fear is that the developers of (insert MMO here) will decide that they have a crippling need to ruin their game in the "next" patch.

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 9:48AM (Unverified) said

Blizzard ruining progression , oh wait they already did. oops