Posted: Aug 16th 2010 6:08PM Graill440 said

Musical chairs. I never played it as a child, never liked it. In my country our congress and senate play the game everyday, its a sad thing to. Lousy people stay in business and continue to be lousy. There are multitudes of examples of bad executives in my country (USA) once having done a shitty job simply move to another section or area similar to what their education credentials allow.

It has got to stop, by simply not buying games we can stop these fools from being hired. Though i doubt many have the willpower or determination some of us have to fight this.

They fail at one thing and simply move on to another chair, the people hiring them oblivious to their lack of brainmatter and common sense choice making, and yet the rehire these morons.

It seems a small thing but i do send letters via snail mail to these folks and their companies on occasion just to let them know how much they suck in very vivid legal terms, thats the key though, you need it to be official, something that needs to be sent back legally, cost is around 70 bucks but in the end you know someone in a high place had to read it and reply.

Until these buffoons quit playing musical chairs we will get crap fed to us in the gaming world and being told the new clothes the emperor is wearing are the latest style.

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 6:16PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
Wow, that wouldn't have been so hard to read if I was as stoned as you are I think. Don't ya'll have a tea party meeting you should be getting too? Dont forget your "ghost costume"

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 6:34PM Deadalon said

Cryptic has not released good enough games in the last 2 years. Its easy to say... but its hard to get right. But.. with that in mind... there is a giant in WOW at the top BECAUSE they actually spent the time on it - and made the right dissionsons to create a top game. Cryptic has got it all wrong.

So... Goodbye

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 6:48PM Anatidae said

I don't know if Cryptic will improve or not by this departure. What I can say is that the potential for Champions and Star Trek has been squandered.

Maybe someone can come in and revamp those games. They could be long-lasting winners with just a bit more depth.

Posted: Aug 17th 2010 8:37AM Snichy said

This isnt a dig at this comment and a bit off-topic, but people use the word "depth" so much when it is lacking in a game but it is such a generic term and is not easily defined. They probably thought the game had "depth" when they were making it. People should elaborate when criticising a game and not just complain about a lack of depth as specifics are what separate a good critique and pointless complaining.

Posted: Aug 19th 2010 5:48PM (Unverified) said

Bill Roper is a tool. He has caused more grief in this game that should be humanly possible for a producer to generate. It's amazing he was allowed to stay on as long as he did.

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 7:41PM Patrick Mackey said

I can't say I'm upset by this. I know that Roper was laterally promoted into a job that essentially did nothing after his failure in marketing Revelations, so it would be fairly unsurprising for him to leave of his own will.

I don't know that this will do a whole lot of good or bad for CO, as I don't think Roper did much after his "promotion."

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 7:54PM Itanius said

Bye, Bill.

Good luck in your future endeavors. Please stay away from the MMO industry.

Sincerely,
The MMO industry

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 9:18PM (Unverified) said

I sure hope this means that the gawd awful Cryptic engine and their mass production line of lobby based multiplayer games is done and over wtih. They produce games with half the content of a single player game and have the gall to charge a monthly fee for them. I'm still thankful to this day that Marvel dropped them from their license. DCUO looks okay and should tide me over till Marvel gets their act together and puts out a real comic book hero MMO and I wish they would approach Bioware for that project.

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 8:25PM Jade Effect said

Who is this Bill Roper, and what is this super-power that is able to single-handedly mess up Cryptic's games?

Maybe we can ship him off to some evil dictator island instead. Put some use to that super-power.

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 8:58PM BubleFett said

Whu, Whu What happen.
This can't be real, I'm dreaming. Right? some one pinch me man.

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 9:05PM (Unverified) said

So would it be right to say that Cryptic just got....flagshipped?

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 10:13PM (Unverified) said

. . . I honestly don't know what to say . . .

Posted: Aug 17th 2010 12:35AM (Unverified) said

there's nothing to say, there's only champagne bottles to open

Posted: Aug 17th 2010 1:01AM (Unverified) said

Fat bastard.

Posted: Aug 17th 2010 3:39AM (Unverified) said

Roper's leaving Cryptic is a good thing:

1. He adds another failure to accomplish under his belt to better keep good game makers wary of him.

2. It helps along the potention (though hopefully inevitable) demise of Cryptic.

Roper is/was a scape goat and a misdirection for the real culprit.

Jack Emmert is one of the main reasons that studio has -always- been crap. Jack is just a slightly more slippery eel than Roper but both are just slick willy car salesmen types. As long as Jack's tentacles are involved in operations at any capacity, Cryptic or any project he's associated with are just poison.

All that said, Roper will hopefully leave the industry for good now. Maybe he should consider door to door sales or walmart greeter positions.

Posted: Aug 17th 2010 3:59AM Pan1 said

If you ask me, Roper is leaving because he doesn't want another closure of game on his resume.

To see Bill as the culprit is having it ass backwards.

Posted: Aug 17th 2010 6:38AM Valdur said

May be he'll join Brad McQuaid's new company.

Posted: Aug 17th 2010 8:24AM Snichy said

This will only be a good if it results in change, anything else is just PR.

Posted: Aug 17th 2010 8:29AM Felnor said

Can someone please please avoid hiring Roper. Not even at Fast Food, I'd probably get sick from Undercooked Hamburgers he would make.
Think of the Children, someone please think of the Children.

-From the Don't Hire Bill Roper For Anything Committee.