Posted: Aug 14th 2010 3:40PM Pingles said

Will be playing my back-up game Runes of Magic until Zentia opens the early Beta on Monday.

As for the question: I recently received an email from Turbine that my LOTRO account had been reactivated! I thought it was a phishing scam but when I manually went to Turbines account page my Account was ACTIVE. I hadn't played in TWO YEARS!

I checked and all my Gold was gone on my toons.

Someone had hacked an account that I hadn't even ever played on my current PC (or even my LAST one).

No idea how it happened but when I went to Turbines account web page I did notice that they don't catch multiple password attempts. So you can just brute-force passwords on their account site. A little spooky.

Posted: Aug 14th 2010 4:21PM bcrfan said

A tower on Atlantic in UO, year 2000. didn't log on for a few weeks due to work/school stuff and no refresh meant it was gone. Made me quit the game.

Posted: Aug 14th 2010 4:50PM Miffy said

• Half a heart
I've played nothing since 2005 cause MMOs have sucked since after WoW.

Posted: Aug 14th 2010 5:39PM ScottishViking said

You're special and I respect your opinion.

Posted: Aug 14th 2010 5:00PM Matix said

This weekend, it's runescape for me!

As for worst loss ever... Well, WOW pre-BC I had half a bank full of BOE purples and three orange items. Got hacked, still don't know how. Apparently was some outfit in the South China Sea, so said Blizzard. Blizzard froze the hack attacker and got the items but I was never reimbursed.

I ordered an authenticator ON THE PHONE right then and since I registered the account with it I have NEVER had another problem.

That's why I strongly urge authenticators for all MMOs. It's not perfect (if someone can phish and get you to input a code they then use); and authenticator protection may one day be hacked too somehow; but for now I dare say if every MMO had mandatory authenticators it may kill the hacking industry for this generation.

Posted: Aug 15th 2010 1:46AM Joshua Przygocki said

EVE and Starcraft 2.

The most expensive thing I ever lost?
My virginity.

Posted: Aug 15th 2010 9:15AM Darkdust said

I've managed to get sucked into WoW and I'm actually enjoying it, though Mass Effect still occupies some time.

I nearly lost a job due to playing too much SWG. Learned my lesson, though.

Posted: Aug 15th 2010 8:25PM (Unverified) said

I've finally finished RDR, the ending sucked big ones but great game overall, so i can start with the Pokemon game I purchased four months ago

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 9:31AM Ocho said

This weekend I played the original Guild Wars and just got to Yak's Bend! Woot! I bought the game a LONG time ago, but was still hung up on WoW thinking it was the best thing since sliced bread. My brainwash of WoW has been released and so I'm playing all the other amazing MMO's in the genre. I'm trying to get caught up in GW as I never played through the game, but I want to get through it before GW2 drops.

Other than that, I'm considering resubbing for STO still as the welcome back weekend reminded me that is really is a fun game, and the addition of the difficulty slider really helped that. (As soon as I could, I turned on the difficulty slider to Advanced... and the first mission after you get to Sol, sending you to investigate some ship was awesome. The regular guys were tough to bring down, then when the boss ship arrived, we exchanged blows for 10 minutes, my shields were completely down, his shields were holding but I had poked through them enough that his hull was in bad shape, and then I got off a lucky salvo of torpedos as his flank shields went down and finally finished him off.)

Bonus: All the money I spent playing WoW. If I had that back, I could buy myself a new TV to go into my new apartment as well as a decent king size bedroom set. I found out too late how much I really paid for the now 'meh' game. Its like smoking. You enjoy it while you're doing it, but when you quit you realize just how much you lost in the process.