Posted: Aug 15th 2010 9:21AM (Unverified) said

This is a screenshot from a few minutes ago. Even with just the one guy active, the channel's useless. At peak time you have four or five on the go it's just impossible.

@robertl - I already said that they delete and recreate characters on a regular basis. If they use the same name and it's already on your ignore list, you can't ignore them again, unless you delete it and re-ignore them. Which you have to do every ten minutes. Not what I'm paying for.

@Jonathan - so a simple ui mod gets rid of it completely, and yet Mythic can't implement it as standard? The mind boggles.

Posted: Aug 15th 2010 9:54AM (Unverified) said

Gold spammers suck. I feel your pain, Sleepy.

Right-clicking every single annoying solicitation is not an enjoyable solution, even if it is only "5 seconds".

What does work, however, is to simply disable the "Advice" channel. Call it what they will, that channel has simply become a "Global" session for the same activites that go on in every MMORPG.

So, right click on the 'chat' tab on the top of your chat window, and select 'filter'...then unclick the 'Advice' option as you scroll through the list of channels.

Wah-lah. I know my IQ has returned back to it's normal 90 once I discovered this easy fix! :)

Posted: Aug 15th 2010 3:40PM (Unverified) said

The last couple times that I've logged in on my trial account the gold spammers were relentless.

Posted: Aug 15th 2010 7:10PM (Unverified) said

@Dril A new player with any sense would have right clicked the spammer name and seen that there was a "add to ignore" and you would not have seen that spammer talk again ever, but as I said if you had really given the game a chance instead of quickly whining you would have seen that.

Every game has problem with spammers, no matter how hard they battle it you will see an occasional spam here and there, it is the age we live in.

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 2:01PM (Unverified) said

Johnathan, look at this :

That's not 'occasional spam here and there' - it's multiple spammers messaging every few seconds, they're even doing it in regional in this screenshot.

The server is overrun with spam, and Mythic just don't give a damn.

Posted: Aug 15th 2010 1:00PM eNTi said

• 1 heart
awesome... how about fixing some of the bugs in the game before adding new features? wtf is wrong with game developers these days? even more, what's wrong the you people applauding to this most useless change ever? there's nothing to it? if you want a dress room, GO PLAY 2nd life. omg.

Posted: Aug 15th 2010 1:57PM Xsorus said

• 1 heart
nt, you're a nub, go play in traffic you useless waste of skin.

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 5:30PM oGGe said

I'v been playing WAR for two years and I like this new feature, they can't just fix buggs all the time, then there would be nothig new to try out.

and disable the /advice channel...it's just annoying even when there's no goldpammers in there.

Make My MMO: November 16 - 22, 2014