Posted: Aug 14th 2010 8:13PM (Unverified) said

Awesome. An appearance slot is exactly what this game needed - even if a little late. EverQuest 2 already has this feature. Why don't other MMOs get with the times? :)

Posted: Aug 14th 2010 8:32PM Dandmcd said

• Half a heart
It's a pretty lame feature in my opinion, just opening the game up for microtransactions by being able to purchase armor designs in the future. Also, I liked the fact I could identify players level and renown level based on their appearance, which will no longer happen. The idea of armor being a status thing always is something I find interesting, and I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing to be honest.

Posted: Aug 14th 2010 8:43PM Matix said

Gotta agree 100% This is a mechanic a LONG TIME COMING to MMORPGS, and I'm ecstatic WAR is getting with EQ2 on this--hopefully this signals a trend.

Posted: Aug 14th 2010 9:00PM Jim Cricket said

Lord of the Rings Online has had this feature for a long time, maybe even from launch, though I'm 100% sure about that.

Posted: Aug 14th 2010 9:29PM CCon99 said

LotR introduced the feature first, but it wasn't till a later patch that it was implemented. It's a great feature and I'm surprised more games don't add a similar feature, especially a game like WoW where every class practically looks the same once they get their end game Dungeon gear.

Posted: Aug 15th 2010 6:44AM (Unverified) said

honestly...this is last feature that i would wish to see coming to WAR, there is plenty to be done in other areas...

Posted: Aug 14th 2010 9:44PM JediPagan said

Excellent! Just got back into War and having a great time. This is awesome news!

Posted: Aug 14th 2010 11:01PM Dread said

I like LotRO's system, that they are all 'implementing' now. You can have a cool look or style and still be able to wear your latest mix matched raiding gear

I have no issue with MMO's copying each other or seeing a great idea and re-working it for their games. I do object however to Alganon style complete ripoffs.

Posted: Aug 15th 2010 12:10AM Anticrawl said

So if I pick this game back up I can intentionally make my armor look very low class to fool the man at the draft board?

Posted: Aug 15th 2010 12:30AM Jim Cricket said

Not sure about WAR, but in other PvP MMO's I've played, the really competitive players object to cosmetic systems for exactly that reason.

It allows players to disguise what kind of equipment they're wearing.

Posted: Aug 15th 2010 12:42AM Anticrawl said

Of course, and I agree it is a bad idea. I think the solution is to just................ have the developer make gear that isn't hideous.

Posted: Aug 15th 2010 1:59AM Zensun said

Very good point. Maybe they could get around this issue by disabling the appearance items if 1) the character is flagged for pvp and 2) the level difference between equipped and appearance items or more than say 2.

Posted: Aug 15th 2010 2:31PM tythimo said

Well there isn't a draft board in War, but if your thinking about fooling the opposing realm then think again because your appearance changes are only visible to your own realm.

In a future patch Mythic may allow players the option of viewing the opposing realm's appearance armor, but if they do it will always be the player's choice to see those changes.

Posted: Aug 16th 2010 1:23AM Dread said

Why is looking low ranking a bad thing? Might give some of the more opportunistic gankers the scare of their lives - which can only be a good thing.

Posted: Aug 15th 2010 3:05AM Taawa said

The modified appearance will only be visible to you and your realmmates. If you're wearing Tyrant, the other realm will see it.

Posted: Aug 15th 2010 5:16AM (Unverified) said

Well with all the positive War vibe recently, I took the plunge and resubbed.

On Karak Norn at least, the advice channel is completely overrun with gold sellers, to the point that the channel is useless for actual players. You can't even put them on ignore, as they're deleting their characters and recreating them with the same name a few minutes later.

It gives an absolutely terrible first impression for new palyers - any genuine questions are instantly lost amid the competing gold spam, and reporting them seems to have no effect. Even Aion wasn't as bad when it launched, which is saying something.

You've already got a profanity filter, how hard can it be to add a few common urls to that? It's the same two or three all the time.

But no, we're getting a cosmetic armour slot. ******* pathetic.

Posted: Aug 15th 2010 5:40AM Dril said

Agreed, I resubbed for Norn a few days ago as well, was hit by a dreadful lag spike and then got back to normal only to try in vain to kill a DoK despite having 2 others beating on him. The gear and level differences in WAR really undermine its PvP levelling, to the point where you spend 4+ levels just hitting people and waiting for someone to one shot you.

Needless to say, I uninstalled.

Posted: Aug 15th 2010 7:08AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
there's a little Free Add-On called SpamMeNot available on the Forums UI section which makes all Gold Sellers Spam dissapear instantly, maybe if you had researched a bit before whining you would have seen it.

Posted: Aug 15th 2010 7:54AM Dril said

Because a new player would go out of their way to find a third party fix to a problem the developers should be tackling?

Thinking through your ideas is helpful.

Posted: Aug 15th 2010 8:45AM nosedive51 said

I find it hard to believe the problem is as bad as your making it seem. I re-subed last week. I'm in t1 and I have to ignore a gold spammer maybe every 20 - 30 minutes. It's 5 seconds to right click and ignore.