Posted: Aug 13th 2010 1:28PM Scuffles said

........ simplified to buy out only ...... so what they are saying is they no longer have an in game auction house, instead they present to you their in game flea market.

Posted: Aug 13th 2010 1:40PM Keen and Graev said

Weird. I haven't done any research into it, so forgive me if it's already been stated somewhere, but what is their reasoning for the change?

Posted: Aug 13th 2010 2:01PM (Unverified) said

They are making numerous improvements to the the AH. One of the major changes is no more bidding but everything will be buy out only.

Anyway, they probably need the AH to be empty when they implement these changes.

Posted: Aug 13th 2010 2:03PM mysecretid said

I expect that this means the 1.3.6 patch is going live soon? Perhaps this weekend?

I can't imagine shutting down the auction house for days and days on end.

Mythic is just now starting to improve their game's reputation with certain players and portions of the public. To shut down a notable game feature for a long period of time just wouldn't be smart.

Posted: Aug 13th 2010 2:35PM (Unverified) said

It is beleived by many that Tuesday is the day 1.3.6.

Posted: Aug 13th 2010 4:07PM tythimo said

Glad I posted all my stuff on there last night.

Posted: Aug 13th 2010 2:20PM (Unverified) said

It's only an improvement if it actually improves something for the players. It probably simplifies the AH database enough that they can fire that expensive database administrator though.

Posted: Aug 13th 2010 2:31PM DrewIW said

Why do they keep -removing- features from this game?

Posted: Aug 13th 2010 3:15PM Seffrid said

I suspect that bidding options are pretty under-used in most MMO's that have auctions. Most players, and not just the "We want it and we want it NOW!" brigade prefer to buy instantly with certainty rather than enter into a speculative bidding war over a couple of days that is almost always unsuccessful.

All Mythic are doing is moving to the type of broker system that works exceptionally well in EQ2. I'm all in favour, the present auction system in WAR is largely ineffective and one of the feebler parts of the game in my view, on a par with that in AoC. The game as a whole is infinitely better than it was at launch, and I have no problem with upgrading the auction system as part of that overall improvement, although of course the Mythic haters will find plenty of reasons to pour cold water on it.

Posted: Aug 13th 2010 3:17PM Seffrid said

Remove them? Or improve them?

Posted: Aug 13th 2010 3:19PM Seffrid said

My last comment was in response to DrewIW (but didn't appear as a reply notwithstanding it was set as such, due to Massively's utterly feeble posting protocol. Is it ever going to be upgraded?

Posted: Aug 13th 2010 3:22PM (Unverified) said

And another feature removed from the game. No longer can I bid (and buy) low and sell high.

What the hell Mythic?

Posted: Aug 13th 2010 3:56PM Silverel said

Fairly simple, not enough people used it to justify keeping it around when compared to the performance improvements made by simplifying the code.

Posted: Aug 14th 2010 6:13AM (Unverified) said

I never in my life used buy function, not in WAR, not in WoW. AH is simply there to provide a marketplace for players. I wish some other MMOs would implement a reverse AH: a place where you can place orders (eve online has this) for X amount of items.

MMO Week in Review: It is your Destiny