Posted: Aug 11th 2010 9:31AM (Unverified) said

Somebody's been designing guns with District 9 on in the next room.

Posted: Aug 11th 2010 11:08AM (Unverified) said

They can have all the guns in the world, the combat looks fuggin atrocious.

Posted: Aug 11th 2010 11:58AM postman said

If you're talking about the combat video from a year+ ago that was early alpha and it wasn't highlighting combat, it was showing the mechanics of the purposed "soft target" targeting system. The game has under gone an enormous amount of changes since then. Did I mention that video was from Alpha?

If you are a beta tester and saying that then grats on breaking the NDA.

oh and btw that video, its from alpha

Posted: Aug 11th 2010 11:11AM Snichy said

Always good to see another MMO coming soon and it looks quite exciting but as I know very little about it, I will wait until I have more information.

On that note, I'm surprised Massively hasnt picked up on the interview released yesterday with Atanas Atanasov (Producer of Earthrise and Director of Masthead Studios) and Momchil Dilov (Lead Writer for Earthrise) which gives a bit more information about the game and release. Anyone interested can see it at http://mpogd.com/news/?ID=6446.

Maybe its all information which we already know and isn't news-worthy :)

Posted: Aug 11th 2010 1:11PM (Unverified) said

@postman,

I'm well aware of the source of the footage, the combat still looks crap. If it changes/has changed since then, great, but from what I've seen (not being in beta) it looks crap.

Oh and btw that video, it looks crap.

Posted: Aug 11th 2010 8:40PM Royalkin said

Your face looks [like] crap. By the way, something "looks" like crap. Nothing looks crap. Remedial English perhaps?

Posted: Aug 12th 2010 12:56AM (Unverified) said

Oooh personal attacks on an internet forum, well I never...

Lol U Mad??

Posted: Aug 11th 2010 8:53PM (Unverified) said

The video from a million years ago is no longer relevant. Masthead recognized fans' disappointment in the combat and have been spending ever since redesigning combat. We're still waiting for a new video that they've said is on its way.

There. Now you can stop judging the game based on dated information.

Posted: Aug 11th 2010 10:06PM raykor said

I have to admit that I don't really follow Earthrise's progress very closely so my comment may be inaccurate.

I "believe" that the devs stated that their goal with the combat is to capture the feel of Tabula Rasa. I am very interested in this game and would be quite impressed if they could indeed match that game's combat system. Despite being a huge fan of pure FPS combat, I was surprised at how much fun TR's semi-FPS soft-targeting system was.