Posted: Aug 11th 2010 1:26PM Zaetal said

It would be great if all of these assets weren't just in place for the occasional "beat someone up on side of the road" and 90% get mission here, run into random door across the zone, insert random dungeon here, rinse repeat.

That gameplay got old fast even though I kept coming back every so often from release onward.

Posted: Aug 11th 2010 2:39PM Superfan said

Have to agree. In i12 they added a new zone and great TF. They have done very little with that new zone.

In GR, you would think they would add some different game play. Open missions, mini-games, etc. It's really too bad. Such a nice looking zone.

From what I understand the mission maps are the same old crap again. So brutally pathetic it makes me want to puke (if that is the actual case). I think they really need to make some creative changes and get rid of some devs. Even the new costume sets look like they were inspired by previous costumes in the game.

Looks like GR is a flop. I will play it for the 30 days but that will likely be the end of it. Looking forward to DCUO and SW:TOR!

Posted: Aug 12th 2010 1:50AM alucard3000 said

Honestly tho those that know it is the same thing that they didnt like in past versions and yet still buy the box and play it for the"30" days are are as much a part of the problem,why would they change anything if people buy it and they get paid no matter what?The thing to do is to not buy it and not play the 30 days and then when the developers dont have money from reskinning they will realize thats not what people want(because it doesnt seem that forum posts are changing what they do) and either do something different or get replaced by those that will.

Posted: Aug 11th 2010 5:36PM Feydakin said

Yeah it really saddens me that they haven't to this day put in anything new as far as random mission/world stuff. The gameplay gets supremely boring and repetitive really quickly. It's not even possible that they don't realize that, so it boggles my mind why they wouldn't be scrambling to do something about it. That and the lack of immersion I felt have kept be from being a long time subscriber, even though I do return every now and again for a trial... I would totally add an MMOG from the superhero genre to my stable if someone would make a good one that I want to pay $15 a month for...

Posted: Aug 11th 2010 11:21PM Jeromai said

Shrugs. For what it's worth, they've done marvels to update the look of a six-year old game. No more closed in feeling with the war walls and the building skyline at night looks fantastic.

For the critics, it's very easy to complain about repetitiveness of game play and random feeling of the maps. Tell me then, what would be -not- repetitive and meaningful gameplay to you?

---

From my standpoint, I desperately want mobs to not spawn in the same pre-determined by group size numbers, and in different places - miss a spawn point here and there if you need to, so that I don't round a corner with my eyes closed knowing a spawn is right there.

I have always delighted in street hunts. Yes, the thing most people in CoH gripe about. 30 warwolves in Striga. 10 turrets in Striga, etc. Oh noes, no story. On the contrary, it let me play about in an 'open world' map, picking apart the hand-placed, scripted spawns, watching and disrupting their simulated day-to-day activities. I have to be careful about not biting off more than I can chew, not backing into other spawns, and I can also fly and dive bomb or snipe - which are all quite hard to pull off in the closed environment of many instanced maps.

My new story arc complaint should be solved promptly with GR - loads more text, perhaps even some branching choices, new world/faction lore. Which is content in my book, perhaps not in yours.

So what is new CoH content to you? New trials, new TFs? (Nevermind that people tend to repeat them ad nauseam for the rewards.) Increased difficulty of the challenge so that it doesn't feel so randomized? New gameplay goal like the mayhem missions? Should contested PvP missions come in? (though it's not like people spend much time in the PvP zones actually playing the minigames.)