Posted: Aug 11th 2010 12:29AM bAss ackwards said

I'm ready! Don't forget, this free character transfer is not limited to x amount per day as it usually is. You can use it as much as you want for the duration of the event!

Posted: Aug 11th 2010 1:00AM Superfan said

I am firing my sub. again and will be back on. If they use the same old mission maps and same old repeat the same mission, change dialogue and repeat, I am done with them.

I don't know how using the exact same mission with different script/dialogue/text can be called new content. This game brags it is full of content. It isn't. Main reason I quit. It's the same thing over and over far too often. When will they figure it out?!

Posted: Aug 11th 2010 2:00AM saintnicster said

If new stories don't for your definition of content, then what does?

Posted: Aug 11th 2010 2:01AM saintnicster said

don't fit* your

Posted: Aug 11th 2010 9:29AM Surelle said

The city of Praetoria is gorgeous with full DX 10 enabled, but you mainly just run through it to get to the mission instance doors, as per usual in CoX. The instances have been graphically updated too, but they're extremely repetitive (sorry! don't kill the messenger here! lol) and are mostly just an updated sewer, a lab and an office building in constant rotation and as linear as ever.

Praetoria's four major mission arcs are very well written, but if you're not into rolling an alt there and want to play your existing toons you'll be stuck either A.) betraying to one side or the other to get a new series of missions or B.) playing through the old content, period.

I was really hoping for new level 50 maps, and something more open-world versus the same old "too few linear instances repeated too much" formula.

Oh well, NCsoft trademarked City of Heroes 2 this past April. Hopefully that's where Paragon Studios' energy is going (which would explain such a relatively small expansion for CoX), and if so, I hope they retire some of the more formulaic components of the original.

Praetoria's graphics currently put every other MMORPG's (including Aion's Crytek engine) to shame, I'll give it that. It wouldn't surprise me if this whole shebang was more of a test run for CoH2 than anything.

Posted: Aug 11th 2010 9:53AM Shirogetsune said

Can't say much for Praetoria (1-20 content with a forced origin isn't that interesting to me) but the new sets are well worth the price of admission. Kinetic Melee is freakin' insane, as are Dual Pistols and Electric Control. I'm not a Mastermind fan, but Demon Summoning seems to be very popular still.

If you're an old fan only returning with hopes of a drastically overhauled mission/gameplay system... you're dreaming of pie in the sky. Wait for the sequel. For those of us more than content with the current setup, this is a blessing.

Posted: Aug 11th 2010 11:20AM (Unverified) said

Can't wait, pre-loading asap and pre-purchased GR long ago. I just couldn't wait for the powersets.

Server transfers are nice. If anyone is still on the fence about where to go, come to Infinity. It has a great community, never have a problem getting a TF together, or a team to hunt down some giant monsters or badges.

Posted: Aug 11th 2010 4:50PM dudemanjac said

Too bad they are not doing a free weekend. I'm tempted to try anyway though.