Posted: Aug 10th 2010 3:44PM Krogg said

Odd how this game brings back so many fond memories. The RvR was truely ahead of it's time. I've not played an MMO since that captured the realm pride often felt when I stood upon the walls of one of our keeps defending our lands and relics.

I'd love to see a DAOC 2. You'd have 2 loyal fans in this household should that ever come about.

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 4:17PM Diatonic said

With so many calls for DAOC 2, and the long time silence of Mythic on this subject, you can't help but hope that one of their "secret projects" is just this ;)

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 4:52PM Boulderbolg said

I would love to see a DAOC 2. I'm still playing WoW right now, after a disappointing stint with Aion, and a break from ATiTD. No PvP experience has compared to DAOC in any game I've tried since.

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 4:52PM Wic said

Ive recently returned to have a blast for a while till maybe cata if nothing interesting (not a tier grind) is announced for cata I might stay

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 5:28PM (Unverified) said

Heh I loved the hell outta that game back in its time. I still remember the fun me and my roomates had doing late night murder fests! One of my roomates was the first grand master tailor (or whatever the top tier was) madmaggot.
My first successful relic raid is still my desktop wallpaper on my server.
Now that I think about it I never have enjoyed pvp as much as I did in daoc, I even once in awhile would get a phone call late at night from a buddy warning me that one of our relics was getting hit lol.

Limper
The Knightwatch
Galahad

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 5:28PM Darkkhorse said

I loved this game, but the combat mechanics need a serious overhaul on some classes. Click and wait isn't fun anymore... I would like to see instant melee attacks rather than "you prepare to...."
I re-subbed a while back and had some fun. If they changed some things around with combat, I would be right back.

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 10:01PM (Unverified) said

Even if they just revamped, modernized and re-released DAoC, I would be fine with that.

Posted: Aug 11th 2010 3:43PM (Unverified) said

Why wont you guys commercialize this game? Alot of people in the world have no idea what it is. If you commercialize it i guarentee the number of players would rapidly increase.

Posted: Aug 11th 2010 3:48PM (Unverified) said

There is no question in my mind that they should be actively developing DAOC version 2.0. DAOC is hands-down the most successful implementation of RvR in an MMO. WOW may be bigger in subscribers, but I don't think the concept they have implemented works anywhere nearly as well. DAOC has had a huge number of loyal players, witness the number that went to play WAR when it came out (and the number who left, disappointed). I don't think they will do it though, but there is no question that they should develop a newer version. Keep the gameplay the same style as the early game - don't over engineer it like WAR - keep the OLD FRONTIERS, despite problems with them - and revise the classes a bit. Fix networking problems. Keep the original one-realm per server concept etc. Keep the concept of Realm Pride, and try to code out gankers as much as possible. The original was a glorious game, unlike any MMO I have played since.

Posted: Aug 18th 2010 12:31PM (Unverified) said

Fellow Galahadian Mid here, I well remember The Knightwatch and was fortunate enough to group with them a number of times in their 8-mans because they were short a Skald. Some of the best bunch of guys I've ever run with.

I feel like I've been wandering the MMO-scape for years ever since the release of ToA, trying to find the next DAoC. It seemed the perfect mesh of PvE and PvP, back before anybody really made a distinction. There was just as much realm pride in taking down the dragon as capturing a relic or kicking the Albs out of DF. It truly felt as though your realm was at war from the very beginning of the game, even though you couldn't really PvP until much later. Perhaps BECAUSE you couldn't PvP until much later, we all went out to the frontier as early and as much as possible just dreaming of the day in which we could assist our realm in the fight.

A second DAoC, bringing back the 3 realms and the frontiers and the ridiculous CC that allowed a well-organized group of 8 or 16 to take down a zerg of 40+ if they got the jump on them, would be amazing. However, that game also had a certain magic to it (maybe its just the aggregate nostalgia factor after 7 years) that would be hard to bring back. The market has changed, the community has changed, and frankly, I think it's safe to say Mythic broke too many hearts with WAR.