Posted: Aug 10th 2010 2:47PM (Unverified) said

I really hope this stands out as being totally different from the modern template of MMOs, and I hope this drives the success of this game.

It will encourage other companies to take a step back and offer gamers something new and innovative, rather than the same old re-hashed play style that has been done dozens of times over the past 8 years.

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 6:01PM (Unverified) said

Pretty awesome I must say.

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 2:50PM Valdur said

This is the best trailer I have seen from any MMO company until now.I really can't wait to play this game.

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 3:01PM (Unverified) said

I'm not one to get too fired up over hype of an unreleased MMO, but excuse me for a moment...

HOLY CRAP that looks awesome! The graphics, the music, the animation, the promise of real story based content...

Ahem... ok, I'm alright now. Still very impressed with ArenaNet's direction on this. More so than with Bioware's TOR.

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 3:01PM arnavdesai said

I am surprised the author did not mention the huge blog post Mike put up regarding ArenaNets plans for GamesCom and how the demo is going to play out. They are going to play the game from Anet offices with folks in Germany.

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 3:13PM Rubi said

Unfortunately, the link to the blog post still wasn't working when this went up. I'll be taking an in-depth look at the blog post and another interview later, though, so don't worry -- it's coming! ;-)

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 3:10PM MrGutts said

• Half a heart
Why do folks label GW1 and GW2 as a MMO? Just curious, I would like to know what Massively's definition of a real MMO is. What does it take to be called a MMO.

Because in my eyes, I think GW1,GW2, APB, GA and a few others are just a squad based shooter style game. Meaning I can get the same, if not more functionality from just about any FPS shooter game.

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 3:13PM Valdur said

That Earth Elemental rising from the ground so Epic :)

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 3:14PM (Unverified) said

Have you read anything about GW2? It has a persistent world... And no, not just hubs. If that's not enough to make it an MMO, then please explain what it needs to be one.

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 3:25PM Randomessa said

Even the trailer itself says that it's a persistent world in GW2...!

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 3:39PM MrGutts said

• Half a heart
The trailer can say it has flying pigs in it and I can jump with a spacebar, but I am not going to believe it until it is out on store shelves and playing. Plus that video had more mocked up CG in it than Avatar the movie.

The statements I made were really questions by the way.

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 4:15PM (Unverified) said

Mocked up CG? The only "CG" if you can even call it that is concept art used as backdrops to the devs themselves talking. The rest is all footage captured from the game itself. People will be playing what you see in that trailer next week at Gamescom, and a couple of weeks later at PAX too.

The swirling mass of rocks (an earth elemental) is something you'll fight in a level 1 area (that will be in the demo at Gamescom), and the giant purple dragon at the end isn't even one of the Elder Dragons we've heard so much about. That dragon will be in the demo too, in a higher level (47) portion of it.

So not only is none of that CG, but we've seen nothing yet.

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 4:10PM Dirame said

Mocked up CG.... okay lets wait till gamescom and then after that pax and then after that more profession gameplay and then after that maybe a release that and then we'll see if it is actually CG ....and I want flying pigs....

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 3:13PM Arkanaloth said

once again a stellar video from the GW team that just makes me more and more impatient to dive into the new stories of GW2.

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 3:24PM (Unverified) said

Excellent video.

I find this game is igniting my interest in a way that SW:TOR has so far failed to do so.

If A-net can deliver half of what they're promising, I believe this could very well cause Bioware some upset come release.

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 3:33PM Its Utakata stupid said

Just off the side...

...I would like to see both games cause a WoW upset. Something that's needed in a game that has IMO become a little too smug.

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 3:48PM (Unverified) said

I'm actually excited about TOR, but I have to say GW2 is looking like it could provide a more interesting experience.

The good news is that GW2 doesn't have a monthly fee, so I won't feel guilty if I play both :D

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 10:29PM Seldra said

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Bioware makes great story driven games but from the news feeds lately it seems like they're really trying to cater to the WoW base. A good move but I haven't seen anything innovative or fresh, the more I hear about ToR the more I lose interest. I hope Anet can deliver on their promises.

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 3:39PM ravenstorm said

GW2 was already at the top of my most-anticipated list, but now it's even more so. They're certainly trying hard to design the kind of the game I really want to play. I hope they succeed!

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 3:43PM Qehb said

'':o :D :O O.o 0.0 :D!!'' was my face while watching the trailer,

I know most people say; ''Oh we've been through this before the mmo wont be any good it's only hype''
and I agreed with this statement for all other would be great MMO's that have sprung up in the past including SWTOR but so far this game has been diffrent for me the more info they release the more promising it seems rather than the other way around, just cant wait to see the gameplay footage at Gamescom and PAX

Global Chat: Doom and WAAAGH!

Posted on Jul 22nd 2014 8:00PM