Posted: Aug 9th 2010 6:29PM Icemasta said

The interview makes it seems like almost no one is working on WAR. "We want to do X, but we lack people.".

From everything I've read, it seems the devs are still biased towards Order as usual... Archmages were using more action points for an ability than a shaman, it was stealth fixed. KoTBS have an additional aura that Chosen do not have access, for no apparent reason .Chosen does not hit harder or does not have an ability that the KoTBS does not have, but apparently it's ok if the opposite is true.

One of the reason I left the game, it's so biased sometimes it's unbearable.

Posted: Aug 9th 2010 8:58PM drakon said

Yep. Same reason I left the game and will not resub as much as I'd like to. BW's have been top dog since beta. All the supposed balancing that has been done was stuff done across the board which nerfed destruction too.

Posted: Aug 9th 2010 9:25PM Jade Effect said

Mythic never learnt from all the endless class balance crying and whining in Dark Age of Camelot. By giving different skills to mirror classes, it's unavoidable that people will perceive how x class is stronger than its counterpart y class.

They should have just given the same skills to the mirrors, instead of the confusing role/mechanic mirror stuff which sounds interesting on paper, but only serve as fuel for more whining and crying.

I only hope the same problems do not happen to The Old Republic, since there are different classes on both sides again. My nightmarish scenario would be Mythic developers telling Bioware guys, "Trust us, we know how this works. We've been doing this since 2001" and the Bioware guys replying "Um.. okay, since you guys are the experts and all"

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 3:32PM NeverDeath said

Well Butts, after all the flak you've received, I have to say that you're absolutely correct. The examples are many, of Order classes that were made more powerful than or as powerful as their Destruction counterparts with little done to help Destruction classes in need. The only Cinderella story Destruction have is the SH, which was total garbage at launch and was then fixed (like a year and a half ago) to be quite good.

WHs complained about kisses despite their superior defenses and burst damage with accusations building off of finishers - so they were improved exponentially, while much of the WE's abilities were simultaneously nerfed, creating a huge power differential that still exists. Blackguards were never as good as Ironbreakers - recently, they have become pretty decent for some specific tasks such as harassing enemy healers - but they've sure suffered to get to that point and they're still not as useful to a team as Ironbreakers - and this is after all, a team game. Bright Wizards have heal debuffs among other extremely powerful tools their supposed "mirror" cannot possibly compete with, and it has been this way since beta.

The Engineer is incredibly superior to the Magus (and always has been), though both classes have at times been the red-headed stepchildren of Mythic, the Magus is still there while the Engineer has moved on to become very competitive (although not all mastery lines are viable, at least one is, for the Engineer). The Marauder and White Lion are both pretty equal now, but that is after a year+ of Marauders being vastly inferior to them, until they recently received some help, after which they are now essentially equal in terms of effectiveness. The Archmage/Shaman dispute also stands, that Archmagi have come from being quite noticeably weaker than the Shaman (particularly in terms of offense) to being more feared than most RDPS archetypes in the game. The Zealot now is being stripped of some of its unique abilities which are being given to the Runepriest, while the Zealot receives nothing from the Runepriest's goodie basket, which will likely now lead to yet another Order-favoring imbalance.

The list goes on, and there isn't enough space on this page or patience in my soul to further explore the topic - but anyone who doubts Butts' original statement is simply not educated and therefore doesn't know what the hell they are talking about.

Posted: Aug 9th 2010 6:31PM tythimo said

Thanks for posting I wanted to listen in myself, but couldn't be there.

Posted: Aug 9th 2010 7:20PM Xsorus said

Umm Butts, what are you talking about?

Knights and Chosen have the exact same amount of Aura's available, there is 3 in each spec line.

Posted: Aug 9th 2010 9:24PM Icemasta said

@Xsorus
It's a passive "aura", 7 points into vigilance, but all KOTBS always go vigilance. Basically, whenever they block, which for some reasons includes absorbs from potions and spells, the passive spams a buff to all party member that increases their crit chance by 10% for 10 seconds., affected both spells and melee. There is no internal CD, it just happens all the time.

The Chosen equivalent is a 25% parry increase on block, lasts 5 seconds. While it might increase the chosen's survival slightly, it is incomparable to 10% crit chance to 5 players!

Posted: Aug 9th 2010 7:59PM Taawa said

Archmages are better than Shamans at both damage and healing. Order has long had the upper hand in terms of how well-formed and powerful their classes are, with some exceptions. But the QA shows the developers' intent to bring the classes closer to their counterparts (mirrors) on the other faction. They're making up for a product rushed by its production team now with an inevitably smaller live team. And they're mostly doing a good job. Warhammer is in very good shape now. It'll be worth revisiting for many former players, and hopefully discovered by new players bored with WoW's PVP, after the big announcement at Gamescon in Germany this month. Heck, tiers 2 and 3 will probably be really good after the coming patch.

Posted: Aug 9th 2010 8:05PM Dril said

Funny you should say it, I'm downloading WAR right now as we speak as a filler (possibly more?) until Cata. Need some hearty PvP action to keep me going.

Posted: Aug 9th 2010 9:20PM drakon said

When I left WAR this was how the classes stacked up....

BW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sorc (Duh.....)
SH > SW (Due largely to Plink and 2-3 tactics used with it to make it hit like a truck, which has since been nerfed)
Eng > Magus (I give a slight edge to the Eng, but both were broken when I left)

WP > DoK (This was laughable, but from what I've read they are alot closer now)
RP > Zealot
AM > Shaman (AM healing was exceptionally better while DPS was about even)

Slayer || Choppa (both were fairly brand new when I quit so unsure on this one)
WL = Maurader (both were broken)
WH > WE (All I gotta say is ranged finishers and the way bullets worked)

IB > BG (This is another laughable comparison. IB has soooo many more tools than a BG)
BO > SM (This has since been reversed by the nerfs to BO and buffs to SM)
KotBS > Chosen (Chosen were laughable when I left. No one wanted them in a group ever.)

So in conclusion....there were a few classes that were tied in brokenness while only one destruction class was better than its order counterpart, the SH which Mythic quickly nerfed.

Posted: Aug 9th 2010 9:38PM Xsorus said

Umm Butts, That's not a Passive aura, That'd be like saying Crippling Strike is a Passive Aura, and That's a freakin Proc, it Procs off blocking attacks basically.

While we're at it, Not all knights spec into that line either, In fact to really run the spec you're thinking of you have to be RR70, and you're basically a Crit Bot, You're more likely to see either Mighty Soul Specs or Conq/RuneFang specs..

Also Chosen have never been laughable in this game compared to Knights, Neither were SM's laughable compared to BO's, you guys are just bloody retarded

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 1:03AM drakon said

If you can't remember then its because of a couple reasons.

1. You didn't play during beta and at release.
2. You play one realm exclusively.
3. You have a bad memory.

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 6:18AM (Unverified) said

You are right, nobody wants chosen in their group, thats the reason they are the 2nd most played destro class

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 10:16AM drakon said

Reading comprehension ftw!

Go back and (carefully) read my original post you troll...

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 11:54AM Xsorus said

Rofl, lord, I've been playing since before they closed down the game in beta to add keeps.

Go back and look at what the Chosen had at the start of the game nub, They had an AOE disorient that stacked. Knights didn't even exist back then, In fact later on when they finally did add knights, Chosen were still one of the best and most played classes in Destro Side

Swordmasters also were great when the game started, They had stacking absorb proc's that absorbed after mitigation, not before. Making them almost as hard to kill as Black Orcs, only when far more damage. This lasted a while till they were nerfed along with BO's, but they still were always a decent class, Now a day's they still have Whispering Wind which is downright nasty in certain setups.

So in otherwords chump, Don't try and argue details about this game with me, I know more then you about it.

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 12:40AM J Brad Hicks said

I see in the Q&A that they just patched yet another exploit, something having to do with Land of the Dead, I didn't entirely understand the question because I left before then. The details of the exploit don't matter, though, to my follow-up question, which would have been: did anybody, let alone any guilds, get banned for using that exploit while it existed?

*crickets chirping*

Yeah, I thought not. Enjoy your cheater-haven game.

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 11:54AM Xsorus said

Umm, Nub you do realize they have banned people for jumping into that area right?

Oh wait, no you assumed they didn't because you think the game has a ton of cheats (which tells me you're just an idiot who doesn't know what a cheat actually looks like)

You probably think Squig Herders all speed hack *grin*

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 8:09AM tenfootgoatman said

I returned for the recent welcome back period the overiding feeling i got from it was that Warhammer was being maintained and no longer developed . But I imagine if a games not making enough money its hard to develop for it in any significant way . The logical thing now would either be to change the payment model before it closes down . Mythic are not alone in this choice but I guess its for each company to decide whether to try and make money and a success of a game in a different way when the subscription system isn't working or just keep going with it untill it grinds to a half .

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 10:25AM (Unverified) said

I recently resubbed to WAR for some PvP action every now and then. Decided to re-roll a new Order character since I already have a couple of 40's for destro from way back when.

It is really sad how empty the servers are. At lease the two german ones. I can be online for hours in t2-t3 and no scenario pops. Not to mention I wasn't able to do one single public quest cuz ther's no one around.

Still I rather enjoy the game every now and then. Only thing that really bothers me is that they still havn't fixed the clunky animations. Essentially breaks melee classes because they don't feel smooth and animations suck.

Posted: Aug 10th 2010 4:29PM Eamil said

"Yeah, I think I’ve finally given up and said no to the Cities."

I am disappoint.
| 1 | 2 |

Global Chat: Doom and WAAAGH!

Posted on Jul 22nd 2014 8:00PM