Posted: Aug 7th 2010 9:58AM ultimateq said

It's sad, I'll miss the 51/50 server. I played on there, Got to the 70s I think, on my bard. But then I realized that I didn't really need evercrack in my life again, so I left.

Posted: Aug 7th 2010 11:12AM (Unverified) said

No surprise, they should have gone with a progression server like most people wanted anyway. The only people who were able to vote on the server type at the time were subscribing members. If EVERYONE would have been able to vote almost definitely progression would have won the poll.

Posted: Aug 7th 2010 1:00PM (Unverified) said

The parent post here is correct. Unfortunately, SOE probably would've screwed up progression yet again.

For those of you who never played, progression started players off in classic EQ, without expansions, and the ex-packs were slowly unlocked as particular goals were achieved (slaying certain high-end mobs, etc).

It was awesome -- except that Sony had revamped a few zones, one of which was the city of Freeport, for one of the later expansions. The items found in Freeport were way, way overpowered compared to some of the best items found in late classic EQ. Worst of all, they dropped off of low-level mobs in the Freeport sewers.

Posted: Aug 8th 2010 4:33PM wjowski said

"Witnessing uberguilds camp and killsteal if necessary for level 10 mobs was just pathetic. It completely ruined progression for me as well as a number of other people, I suspect."

As opposed to when they do it at max level? Welcome to the real Everquest that everyone pretends never existed.

Massively's MMO guide to the 2014 winter holidays