Posted: Aug 5th 2010 3:08PM Darkdust said

"We want to do X" differs materially from "we're planning to do X". Much like me and certain supermodels. ;)

Posted: Aug 5th 2010 3:56PM Lateris said

The battles for systems would increase a scale that has not hit Eve ever. It would be a PvP'ers dream and nightmare.

Posted: Aug 5th 2010 4:09PM ChromeBallz said

Actually, there's not many Chinese people playing EVE. Serenity is about as busy as Tranquility was 7 years ago, with only 2 to 4k people logging in at peak times.

Posted: Aug 5th 2010 4:54PM Equillian said

Awesome where do I sigh up?

Time to pwn the Asian market!!!

Posted: Aug 5th 2010 5:50PM Darkdust said

To be honest, I never understand why CCP keeps it going. They get almost nothing out of it, and I understand that RMT and botting are allowed (any confirmation?).

And, frankly, even if it were as large as we wish, right now with the lag situation it would be a nightmare for huge fleet fights.

Posted: Aug 5th 2010 7:29PM Equillian said

Ya but with only 2k players you and me would be considered a sizable fleet... That's gotta be a little fun

Posted: Aug 6th 2010 12:17AM (Unverified) said

Given the already rather cutthroat nature of EVE's player culture and game mechanics, I believe the effects of merging the Serenity and Tranq servers isn't going to be as problematic as it would w/any other MMO.

Now, if only CCP can figure out how to keep the massive fleet brawls from lagging out before the merger creates even more frequent fights with larger fleets...

Posted: Aug 6th 2010 6:42AM (Unverified) said

I cant see it ever happening. How would the merge sovreignty?!

Two alliances cant suddenly own the same stations, systems etc...

Posted: Aug 8th 2010 3:43AM (Unverified) said

Good point about Sov, I had forgotten about it.

I suppose the Chinese players would have to pack up and re-establish their turf again? Sounds harsh, but I honestly don't know any better way to resolve it.

As for the language issue, it already exists. Having another group of players who don't understand English isn't going to seriously impact the game, especially since CCP already has the reps and interface in place.

Posted: Aug 6th 2010 6:31AM (Unverified) said

More chinese players = more isk grinding bots.

More isk grinding bots = more lag.

Fix eve first before having any plans of merging whatsoever.

Posted: Aug 6th 2010 6:56AM (Unverified) said

no, RMT is not allowed. u can however buy game time from ccp and sell to other players for ISK. since ccp put that in, isk sellers pretty much disappeared, i havent gotten isk seller spam for weeks :D

botting? yeah... no. multiboxing is allowed and anything that doesnt mean u dont have to push any buttons is allowed.

i bet being one of the first players on such a small server could be fun, but what about not being able to talk to anyone? im not gonna learn chinese :S

Posted: Aug 6th 2010 11:03AM (Unverified) said

Activate CONCORD Intergalactic Translator module.

And I can imagine lags can be an issue. I remember playing games on chinese servers generally have very undesirable latency... which I don't think having one game universe is possible to alleviate.

Make My MMO: September 14 - 20, 2014

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 6:00PM

Perfect Ten: Terrible, terrible MMO names

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 3:00PM

The Stream Team: Anchors aweigh in ArcheAge!

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 1:00PM