Posted: Aug 4th 2010 1:51PM Seth78 said

First screenshot reminds me of launch day.... such "fond" memories...

Posted: Aug 4th 2010 2:08PM Zantom said

I am enjoying reading about your adventures in SWG! Aventine is a great place and fun people (they are very serious about their RP there!)

Space is a blast! (Pun intended). You can't go wrong with whatever side you choose, but I would think you would want to pick your land faction (or freelance as an alternative). The different ships you fly are a unique experience and it is a lot of fun to find and pick better ship parts.

SOE needs to do something about the server outages and lag for sure.

Posted: Aug 4th 2010 2:41PM (Unverified) said

Server outages are annoying, especially since SWG's maintainance windows seem longer than any I've ever encountered.
They do however, usually do updates/maintainances on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 4AM PDT.
Obviously necessary hotfixes happen outside the schedule, power outages/population overloads etc etc.
Seems Krystalle just got unlucky :(

Posted: Aug 4th 2010 2:44PM (Unverified) said

Sorry to hear about the hamsters. Not sure if you know or not, but servers reset 3 times a week. Would be Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday mornings at 7 am your time. Usually lasts a few hours.

As for space faction, I would say neutral since you haven't picked a ground faction yet. If you pick rebel in space and later decide to go imperial on ground, you have to start over in space. As neutral, you won't have to worry about that.

Posted: Aug 4th 2010 2:53PM Grizz said

I miss sandbox MMO's. =-[

I try them all and still wind up returning to SWG every time.

Posted: Aug 4th 2010 6:08PM (Unverified) said

Imperial-Aligned doing missions for the dreaded Storm Squadron the way a real man does it!

P.S. Everything you do will be worth it once you get your T.I.E. Interceptor

Posted: Aug 4th 2010 6:28PM (Unverified) said

Aventine is open again on the 5th, I believe. Drop by, watch the poor guards get hassled and harried. :P Black Sands (it'll be on your map to the left of Fort Oasis on Tatooine) sometimes has a camp down, as there is no shuttle, and when it does I implore you to drop by. Tons of good times had there, too. Feel free to ask anyone in game with a roleplay tag and they'll likely be more than happy to assist!

Happy SWG-ing. Starsider is a place we love a little too much, as the poor overworked server hamsters will tell you.

Posted: Aug 5th 2010 1:00AM Tristik said

For the Emperor!

Go Imperial. None of the starter ships gave me that 'ooooo' like hopping in my very own TIE fighter.

Posted: Aug 5th 2010 8:57AM WSCopic said

Tie Heavy and a well loaded Tie Advanced are my favorite ships in the game. :)

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM