Posted: Aug 3rd 2010 9:08AM pcgneurotic said

Good for them! MapleStory was fun for a week when I was ill, but any time we can report good news for F2P business, it's another positive step forwards. :)

Posted: Aug 3rd 2010 1:05PM TheJackman said

7 million registered users lol thats not the same like active users....

Posted: Aug 3rd 2010 6:57PM (Unverified) said

This game, the grindiest of the grindy, has 7 million registered but I sincerely doubt 7 million PLAY.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2010 7:26PM (Unverified) said

While I agree it's a horrific grindfest, I felt like the time I spent playing Maplestory was really enjoyable. The art style is gorgeous, detailed, and consistent. The monsters are interesting and varied, as are the options for decorating your avatar. It's totally free, and since the game lacks PvP you really aren't hurt if somebody decides to use the cash shop liberally to advance quickly.

The most important thing that kept me playing for the four-five months that I did was that I LOVED the 2-dimensional world. There were plenty of hidden zones tucked away behind obstacles that you wouldn't realize were doors, and the obvious zones were absolutely huge. My only regret was that that key grind zones were often camped, but the way they gradually expanded the world to create new zones kept things exciting.

I really wish there were more 2-d platformer MMOs, especially if they focused less on mob grinding and more on exploration or world building.

Either way, I remember Maple Story in a positive way and if somebody asked I would recommend they play this game for at least a little while just to experience it, a recommendation I would not give to some other recent titles.

Posted: Aug 4th 2010 2:31AM (Unverified) said

For the past two weeks, the biggest server on Maplestory, Scania, has been having crashes almost nightly. They went away for two nights but then came back to happen nightly again. Thousands of players have lost billions of ingame currency, one-of-a-kind event items that are irreplacable and even NX cash items purchased with real money.

Nexon has not addressed the issue, and infact they are now locking and banning people that are talking about it on their forums.

In this thread, he is just asking why he cannot log on. And it was locked as spam. Nexons negligence of their paying customers is astounding.

If ever there is a problem, their solution is to ignore the players, and wait until they forget.

Lost time, ingame money, and real money.. Great fun.

Stay away from Nexon. They are thieves.

Why I Play: ArcheAge