Posted: Aug 3rd 2010 12:16PM Controlled Chaos said

Well, 'when its ready,' tends to be a little better than, 'when its working well enough that we can put it out on the market and use the early adopters as testers to patch the game on the fly,' like usual releases.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2010 12:16PM (Unverified) said

My ^ comment was at Zak, sorry matey.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2010 12:16PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
^ Piss off.

When it's ready is always a good answer to that question, I far prefer it to the "x quarter" or "next year"

Posted: Aug 3rd 2010 12:36PM Bhima said

I think the gaming community that is following GW2 is fine with the "when its ready" answer. Sure, sometimes we have nerdrage fits but in the end, if its polished and delivers on the goods, we will play this game for sure.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2010 1:08PM (Unverified) said

That's also a lot to do with most GW players/GW2 followers being more mature. A good game is like a good wine, etc. :P

Posted: Aug 3rd 2010 1:03PM timthel0rd said

I prefer "when it's ready" because
a) there's no date to get disappointed on abd
b) developers don't feel the need to release a game before it's finished.

I'd rather play a well made game in 1 month, rather than a semi finished game now.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2010 6:24PM CyberNigma said

External and customer dates don't always reflect internal dates. They may very well end up under the crunch. They just won't tell anyone on the outside about it.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2010 11:29PM timthel0rd said

True, but internal pressure is not the same as having the entire community wailing down on you.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2010 1:30PM Dumac said

I believe they have their eyes set on an April release in 2011, it leaves enough room for Cataclysms dust to settle, comes in right before The Old Republic, and as an added bonus it's the anniversary of Guild Wars. This is just my own speculation of course but i think it makes the most sense for a release next year, unless were talking about 2012...

Posted: Aug 3rd 2010 3:28PM Saker said

I hope they really hold to "when it's ready", many companies say this and I frankly can't remember a single one that really kept to that promise. The money-men always push things out before the time is right. I deeply hope that won't be the case with this as this is a game I'm actually excited and interested in. Which at this point in MMO history is a rarity. There have been so many disappointments.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2010 4:30PM Zantom said

Very impressive game play footage. I have high hopes for this title. I am very glad there are plenty of games to play right now or I would be dying of anticipation waiting for this to come out like I had to in the old days for games :)

Posted: Aug 3rd 2010 5:02PM Yoh said

I don't mind the 'when it's ready' answer to be honest.
I'd rather it be done right, then done soon.

Posted: Aug 4th 2010 5:45AM (Unverified) said

I'm extremely excited about buying GW2 when it's ready.
Is it just me, or did James really say "really" one too many times?

The Stream Team: Where the WildStar things are