Posted: Aug 1st 2010 9:24PM (Unverified) said

Am I the only person who has a problem with the A.I. of the mobs in this game? It's the reason I've sadly quit each time. I like to explore, and I like the PvP elements as well, but when I go into the PvE zones the mobs brains are non-existent. After a while I just can't take it anymore.
I just can't believe nobody asked about that.

Posted: Aug 2nd 2010 12:11AM NeverDeath said

I also agree that the nice thing about WAR was that RvR while leveling is made great by the very fact that it not only gives you useful rewards and instant gratification in addition to the experience it grants, but in that it provides an alternative to PQs and Quests on the PvE side of the game, so that you can level up without getting bored, because you have so many options.

The problem there is, yes, the terrible AI and broken pathing. It makes PvE a non-option for people who have standards, and that is a terrible thing because the environments could otherwise be very authentic and convincing as fitting into the WAR setting. My wife and I quit the game for many reasons, but this was one of our major gripes, so trust me - you're not alone, Reavo.

Posted: Aug 1st 2010 11:44PM drakon said

Q – Any plans for separating the scenarios for pre-mades and PuGs?

Carrie – So we’ve looked at that and we continue to look at that. The balance is always not to dilute the population so much that scenarios aren’t popping anymore. That being said, we’ve been talking and kind of shooting around some prioritization ideas about “OK, so fine. We’re not going to NOT pop a scenario, but we’re going to see about maybe prioritizing skill levels together and pre-made vs. PuG.” But that’s still in development.

This is huge disappointment. Its been a problem since beta. If they fix this and ONLY this I would resub in a heartbeat.

Posted: Aug 2nd 2010 1:42AM Taawa said

What WAR does really well is realm vs realm PvP. And the patch and plans discussed in the QA continue to refine and improve that unique aspect of WAR. I agree, AI and pathing are not good. And this could be an awesome gameworld for the PvE inclined if that aspect got more attention. But Mythic is concentrating on strengthening its strengths.

Listening to the QA, I enjoyed hearing the reasoning behind many of their decisions. Carrie and Nate were very frank and often gave very thoughtful answers.

Posted: Aug 2nd 2010 8:08AM (Unverified) said

I want to love WAR. It has been installed on my computer since the end of beta, but I only subbed for the first three months, and only played for the first two. I re-subbed for a month about a year ago and only played a couple hours. It really looks like they are trying, but based on comments that I've read, it looks like there is a long was to go.

Oh...And Bioware's new WAR forums are ugly.

Posted: Aug 6th 2010 7:53AM Greyjoy said

Its the lack of diversity of classes that gets me in WAR, every class has such similar abilities it makes the game very dull and playing classes the same old spam the root or slowing ability then wack at your damage skills and then finally maybe a large damage skill, rinse and repeat

The interesting mechanics of say the Choppa who as he gets more angry does more damage but also takes more doesn't really seem to noted its just something that happens and doesn't add to the classes diversity

I hate to hark back to the nightmare or WoW but a MAJOR selling point was the interesting and unique abilities the classes had, Mages had BLINK no one else had that and it was great fun, Warriors has CHARGE which was great for PvE and PvP, Druids have shape changing which was BRILLIANT, Paladin's has the invulnerability shield.....the list goes on

I have played through a sorcerer, choppa, chosen, squig herder and DoK and the differences in the classes are sooooo shallow it makes the whole RvR experience DULL as dish water as you feel as if no skill is involved, its just run into the crowd and mash your keys with slow downs and damage, I mean as a DOK its even more boring you just mash the group heal button over and over

I am not knocked WARHAMMER it provides the MMO genre with a truly PvP experience which is seriously lacking, but the lack of class diversity puts me off everytime I resubscribe and even when I try to shift classes