Posted: Aug 1st 2010 8:02PM Dril said

What would really make it more accessible is a modern UI. Trying to adapt to that old model after being surrounded by the newer (i.e. WoW-esque) style is horrible, as is adapting to slash commands.

Posted: Aug 1st 2010 8:51PM JohnD212 said

and F2P would really be great...I want to try it but seriously...I'm not going to pay for it.

Posted: Aug 1st 2010 9:07PM (Unverified) said

Did you miss this:

"The DAoC team is also working on ways to make the game more accessible to all, including additional character transfers and payment methods."

That screams F2P

Posted: Aug 1st 2010 10:23PM Jade Effect said

If you just want to try out the game, they have a 14-day trial.

Or do you mean you just want to play the whole game, and hopefully without any need to give a cent to the developers?

Posted: Aug 2nd 2010 1:01AM (Unverified) said

It's better then 90% of whats been released on the market in the last 6 years so it's well worth the money.

There is also a free trial so you can judge for yourself.

Honestly, I'm sick of this F2P yapping on every game article...

Posted: Aug 1st 2010 9:24PM Pingles said

• 1 heart
I look forward to revisiting that world when it goes free to play. Hibernia, I miss you.

Posted: Aug 1st 2010 10:34PM Scuffles said

I know a lot of people who might go back to DAoC if it went F2P but left after being put off by some rather questionable changes that seemed to have driven off some of their players who had stuck with the game since beta as well.

I rather recall that also being one of the instances that spurred my ongoing hatred and boycott of everything EA. Mind you not the only thing but it set the foundation.

Posted: Aug 1st 2010 11:11PM deluxe2000 said

That you HAVE to have a buffbot to RvR still erks me. The pay-for buffs are still

Posted: Aug 1st 2010 11:19PM (Unverified) said

Yeah, buffbots are garbage too.

Posted: Aug 2nd 2010 9:16AM Scuffles said

Not just RvR .... hell whenever 3/4 of the players said they "soloed" something what they actually meant was "Myself my buff bot my heal bot and my pally bot killed something". Sorry but when you say solo it doesn't mean you and you on five other accounts it means one player one account no exceptions.

/nerdrage

Posted: Aug 1st 2010 11:14PM deluxe2000 said

(hmmm comment got cut off)
The pay-for buffs are still 20% weaker then those provided by paying for a second acct and having a buffbot buff you before you enter the pvp zone. That needs to change before they get my money again.

Posted: Aug 1st 2010 11:16PM (Unverified) said

Thats cool. If they were to update the controls I would resub in a heartbeat. They are way too clunky and outdated for me. Seriously, not being able to strafe while auto running, strafe being as slow as swimming and needing to stop for 3 seconds before I can cast a spell is about aggravating. lol

Posted: Aug 2nd 2010 8:07AM oGGe said

I love DAoC

Those windows are a nice addition if you ask me, however I like many others have a hard time to get along with the old UI.

From what I'v hard the DAoC-UI pretty hardcoded and not easy to replace :(

Posted: Aug 2nd 2010 9:57AM Harley Dude said

I normally avoid F2P games like the plague, but if DAoC had a F2P option, I might actually go back. The reason I quit is low pops made RvR kinda weak, so more people playing, even froobs, might draw me back. I'd still pay the monthly sub over being nickel and dimed by a cash shop, though.

Posted: Aug 2nd 2010 4:11PM (Unverified) said

Most "old" MMOs could probably see a significant bump in revenue by going F2P.