Posted: Jul 31st 2010 9:39AM (Unverified) said

Predictable server imbalances? Yeah, I suppose that's what you get when you merg elyos heavy servers with other elyos heavy servers. Oh, wait, now they're all elyos heavy servers.

The only thing they could do tomake balanced servers would be to force factions changes. This would, of course, piss off a good portion of the majority of their players (the elyos) unless they the give a few weeks for volunteers to faction transfer before issuing randomly forced changes.

Then they would have to wait to see how many of those who were forcefully faction changed will game quit or roll elyos on a different server before doing it all over again till they have balanced servers.

Or they they could just force half a player's characters to be asmodean and half elyos. There's no win/win for NC Soft here. There wasn't a problem for the servers before the mergers. The mergers have only made the slight imbalances even worse than they were before.

Posted: Jul 31st 2010 10:38AM Bijaz said

I think the obvious solution is to allow free race changes for Elyos to Asmo until the servers balance themselves out.

To encourage people to do it they could offer incentives like some free AP or something (or a "Traitor" title! that would be pretty cool!). Then just script all the converted characters to have all their mirrored quests completed on the Asmo side.

I logged onto Zikel for the free-weekend and the race balance is a joke. It has to be at least a 7 - 1 ratio in favor of the Elyos, judging by the number of legion members in the rank list.

Posted: Jul 31st 2010 10:49AM (Unverified) said

The developers were unable to create a script to automatically detect and correct name conflicts when merging servers. A faction change system would be far more complex than this, considering the need to translate gear, quest status, titles, stigmas and a host of other things that don't have obvious correlations for the opposite faction. Maybe they could handle it on a one-by-one basis (there are players who are willing to switch) but that would be incredibly time intensive to implement, and unlikely to solve the problem before 2.0 hits.

At best, they could offer fresh 50 toons with no completed quests, one set of equivalent 50 gear (full Fenris, Anuhart, 50 PvP or whatever) or a pile of AP and medals and set them loose. Unfortunately, in a game where so much of the design is about completing tedious tasks to "Earn" your stuff, this is pretty much a kick in the teeth to all the players - players who switch lose all the things they worked so hard to get, and players who don't switch see everyone else being rewarded for picking the "Winning" faction before switching.

I don't see Aion recovering from this. After all, it's been this way since mid-December.

Posted: Jul 31st 2010 10:44AM (Unverified) said

Maybe there's a deeper gameplay reason servers are imbalanced. I wonder if they considered that?

I know I much prefer playing the game without worrying about the other faction so much. I guess that's not really the point of Aion though...

Posted: Jul 31st 2010 10:47AM Dranaerys said

Remeber when the game launched? The 5 hour long queue times? "Dont worry guys, it may be rough the first few months but in the long run, it will be worth it for healthy and balanced servers."

Hahahahahah.

Haha.

Ha. *wipes tear*

Good times, good times.

Posted: Jul 31st 2010 12:56PM Kinau said

Word.

Posted: Jul 31st 2010 11:01AM (Unverified) said

Yeah, let's reward players for switching factions. That won't leave bad taste in anyone's mouth.

"Hey guys! Glad to be an Asmo now that I have this unique title that you can get if you were Elyos to begin with! Oh, and look all this sweet free gear I got just because I used to be Elyos!"

I see no flaws with these plans at all. Please impliment them immediately so the devs can get to work not fixing rubber banding, mobs rsetting in the middle of fights, melee vs range imbalance, and other issues that have plagued the game since before launch.

Posted: Jul 31st 2010 11:14AM Langx2 said

Maybe I'm missing it but I fail to see any kind of "ncsoft developers acting to correct server imbalances".

The servers are currently severely imbalanced. Nearly everyone jumped ship with the first transfers. People were actually actively working towards rebalancing servers with the second wave WHICH THEY CANCELED. My friends and I are geared up and on the dominating faction. We were going to go to another server and play underdog but ncsoft put a stop to that. Now we are stuck on a server so imbalanced that you can't get into the pvp instance even if you click entry 10 seconds when it becomes available.

Limiting new character creation does absolutely nothing. What does ncsoft expect to happen with that insignificant change? Are we suppose to do wait 4 months for new players to come in, level up, and stick around as the losing side until they get enough people?

I think it's suspicious that the boss is MIA for a few WEEKS?! and that his replacement is the guy who is directly responsible for killing Lineage one in the west. His tampering with the lands of aden server is directly responsible for why ncKorea refuses to give western developers access to game code for the rest of their games.

Lance Stites was the lineage 1 producer/developer in like 2002, He left the game broken and unupdatable. Ncsoft actually had to spend time undoing his "westernization" so the game could be updated. google it.

Posted: Jul 31st 2010 11:25AM BubleFett said

Why was this not thought of before they merged the server in the begining.
Who is the genius that decide to create this mess.
Dong Dongs

Posted: Jul 31st 2010 12:27PM MrDiamondJ said

I recently unsubbed from Aion, and things like this make me realize I made the right decision. It's a really cool game, but it just never grabbed me. The community was high on the jackass end of the scale as well. And I play WoW, so that's saying something.

Posted: Aug 1st 2010 8:02AM Mirin said

I have also found the community as a whole to be a cesspool, finding friendly people for anything seems to be impossible. Not surprising given the "lolpvp" tag this game has. PvP always seems to attract the younger crowd and with that you get 24/7 Barrens chat

Posted: Jul 31st 2010 12:20PM Valdur said

Sometimes I wonder if NCsoft knows what they really want.They are not even able to make guild transfers,instead they ask players to unguild to be able to transfer to another server.

Posted: Jul 31st 2010 1:01PM Kinau said

NCWest (Ayase and all the dumb lot) has to be the most incompetent franchise office to ever be created. Its like their sole aim is to aggravate their playerbase.

Posted: Jul 31st 2010 5:42PM (Unverified) said

More or less. To top it off, they act like a bunch of tools.

Posted: Jul 31st 2010 6:32PM Fausts said

/agree
I think the Aion West franchise will forever after be the shining example of what NOT to do.

NCSoft should contract the west franchise to someone else. Anyone else for heaven's sake. Funcom couldn't do worse with it. It would soar with Turbine (if they actually wanted it). Sony Online may actually try a little harder with it. But the best idea of all:

Let Electronic Arts merge it with Ultima Online and call it UO: Cataclysm of the Eternity Tower of Sosaria.

Posted: Jul 31st 2010 6:02PM Fausts said

I have a perfect idea to relieve the server imbalance!

Completely eliminate the Elyos! Nobody want to play them anyway. Lets just make the Abyss a big free-for-all.

At the risk of trolling, I would say that filling in the balance would probably need an increase in the number of new players. I can't even say that with a straight face. Aion West trying to increase the number of new players. That would mean a great deal of stress on the two overworked guys in India who do the actual Aion West development.

:p

Posted: Aug 1st 2010 4:08AM Hockster said

Usually negative comments about a game are just whines, but these are dead on. NCS killed their own game with a series of stupid decisions. Not even Funcom at AoC release was this incompetent.

Posted: Aug 1st 2010 4:55AM Joystiq Login Bugs SUCK said