Posted: Jul 30th 2010 9:08PM Taawa said

I'm looking forward to the 6v6 scenario. And I really, really like the changes to t2 and t3 and limiting access to LOTD. They're almost killing the Zealot though. And the devs show no sign of listening to player feedback on that issue.

Posted: Jul 30th 2010 10:04PM (Unverified) said

Been playing as one of those "unlimited f2p" guys this past week, what a fun game to play with friends. Shame i never tried it sooner, patch ideas look good for the future too if i can convince folks to sub up with me!

Posted: Jul 30th 2010 11:31PM Jade Effect said

Yeah, tier 1 is pretty fun. I enjoy tier 1 pvp the most. Nordenwatch, Khaine's Embrace and Gates of Ekrund are all fun scenarios. The classes are quite well balanced at that tier and crowd control abilities are few.

Sadly, I didn't find the other tiers to be as fun. The imbalance cheese that is crowned by bright wizards with their incredible damage and arsenal of crowd control really spoils the fun.

I do find myself thinking about re-subscribing from time to time, though.

Posted: Jul 31st 2010 3:50AM winteratlantic said

Nice. I'm on the trial with a few of my friends as well. The back&forth, tension&release dynamic of RvR in T1 is really really wickedly FUN. Our schedules hinder us from subbing though, can't really play enough to get the most of the monthly. I wish they had some sort of pay-as-you-go model.

Posted: Jul 31st 2010 2:39AM (Unverified) said

This game hinges on large scale battles. This game screams F2P model with micro transactions. Why they have not embraced that I am not sure, but this game would get a large influx of players if they would do what is right for this type of game and take it F2P

Posted: Jul 31st 2010 3:29AM Diego Kober said

All those things you said as being new and for the future, are in the patch currently in the test server (ranged achetype changes and mobs in the rvr zone).
With the exception of the new 6v6 scenario, that producer letter was the one with less new information for the player base.

Posted: Jul 31st 2010 5:15AM Seffrid said

I've been playing again for the last week, in Tiers 1 and 2, mainly PvE with some scenarios, and I've thoroughly enjoyed it. I've no idea if that will last, but I'll stick around while it does.

Posted: Jul 31st 2010 10:49AM MrDiamondJ said

I would have liked something new instead of The Wild Hunt again (I already have the Fleet Stag Mantle on my main from way back), but I'm psyched for the 1.3.6 patch.

Posted: Aug 1st 2010 3:02PM (Unverified) said

Most of the Live Events are what are called "Seasonal Events" meaning they return each year at the same time, but usually with some kind of new twist. The Wild Hunt is one of those.

The one-off Live Events are usually to introduce new things to the game, like the new Classes after launch and the build-up to Land of the Dead. With the hints coming fast and frequent lately about what's coming at Games Con in Germany and Games Day Baltimore, we may shortly know if we'll see a new one-off Live Event in WAR's future.

Posted: Jul 31st 2010 1:41PM NeverDeath said

Finally, someone on this site decided to use anti-aliasing when posting a WAR screenshot :P

I miss WAR, but I'm just not ready to pay more money for a wildly imbalanced game. I love Warhammer lore, and I am a Destruction fan all the way - but I'm not shelling out cash to play as a dung beetle against classes like Witch Hunters, Bright Wizards and Ironbreakers. Challenges are fine and all, but there's a reason Special Olympians aren't in the regular Olympics, and that's all I've got to say about balance in WAR. Though I'd also like to see them optimize their game in several ways from mob-teleporting to long-distance animation fps and so on, to bring it more in-line with industry standards so that I don't feel like I'm playing a browser-based MMO.

Posted: Jul 31st 2010 2:57PM (Unverified) said

well i for one wont be playing now that it is all on US servers as bad as GOA was at lest they are not ripping off EU players like Mythic is

Posted: Aug 2nd 2010 2:04PM ShadowWar said

Going to burst your bubble here: the euro servers are still in Europe. Germany to be precise if memory serves me.

@NeverDeath

It's clear you haven't played in a while if you think balance issues are a huge deal, particularly in those careers. While powerful, they are all almost equally matched by their mirror now, or with the release of 1.3.6. True disparity between careers is rapidly dwindling, with the greatest division probably between the SW/SH and the WP/DoK.