Posted: Jul 29th 2010 11:52AM Sorithal said

Meh... it wasn't that fun anyway imo. At least from what I remember playing of it.

That and the only way I found out about it was because I was looking to see if there were any mech-based MMOs... that game hardly got any coverage or advertising or anything.

What'd be nice is if there were an actual mech MMO that was more of an open/free-roam game, and you could actually exit your mech when needed (like to talk with parts dealers or fix up your mech).

Posted: Jul 29th 2010 11:58AM Stormwaltz said

I was excited about Exteel until I played it.

It wasn't the MMG I'd hoped for, so much as Counterstrike rounds in mech suits, with the dubious addition of a system where you could, quite literally, buy your way to victory by purchasing better equipment in the game store.

Posted: Jul 29th 2010 12:11PM (Unverified) said

why why why... why won't NCSoft let people run their own servers of the game or let it convert into a single player game instead of just saying, 'well we're taking back your game now'. This is one of the things I hate about NC with a passion. AutoAssault, Tabula Rasa, and Exteel...

Posted: Jul 29th 2010 2:37PM Sam not Spam said

How does that benefit NCSoft any? Does it help them recoup lost money? Is there anything licensed in the game? What about the companies that own that stuff? Unreal Engine isn't free. If your buddy starts his own server and asks for donations, is he going to give some of that money back?

For that matter: why would any game company do that?

I see wishful thinking but no reason why they should have any incentive to give away something like that for free. Especially AA and TR - how many millions of dollars got sunk into those games? And you think they should give those games, client and server software, away for free? Basically making their own, failed games into competition for their profitable games but receive no money from at all?

That makes no sense to me.

Posted: Jul 29th 2010 12:11PM (Unverified) said

I'm kind of surprised it took this long; it was an under-marketed, mediocre game, and not even a real MMO.

Posted: Jul 29th 2010 12:42PM mandarin said

Its not an MMO. Just a multiplayer shooter game. Not bad really.

Posted: Jul 29th 2010 3:31PM hami83 said

What? You say a game should have more marketing but other than WoW. Most MMOs have next to no marketing. I assume most of the money is eaten up maintaining the game.

I do see DDO and occasionally LOTRO ads online, but other than that...I really don't see any other MMOs. It's always been word of mouth really.

Posted: Jul 29th 2010 10:17PM DeadlyAccurate said

There is a way to market that costs almost no money. You give interviews and get articles written about your product. You put out press releases. You get people who can spread the word (like Massively and Blue's News) talking about your game.

I check Massively several times a day, and have for many months, and I never heard of this game until today.

Posted: Jul 30th 2010 11:58AM kasapina said

But then, massively isn't known for being particularly broad in it's coverage. The blog appears to only cover mainstream games, with a veery small mix of editor favorites.

Posted: Jul 29th 2010 4:18PM Dblade said

There's cosmic break, but it's currently between beta tests, with the next one starting in september. It's also less realistic and more mecha-musume but it looks good. Site is at http://www.cosmicbreak.com/home

Posted: Jul 29th 2010 5:29PM (Unverified) said

C'mon, Aion! Make it a foursome.

Posted: Jul 29th 2010 9:25PM (Unverified) said

It is a foursome already, as indicated by a few of the posters here: Tabula Rasa, Exteel, Dungeon Runners, and Auto Assault, which is the one you and everyone forgets - a shame since it was the most fun of the bunch.

Posted: Jul 29th 2010 9:27PM (Unverified) said

Thanks, my point is now illustrated more fully.

Make it a fivesome, NC!

Posted: Jul 29th 2010 6:39PM (Unverified) said

Amazing. NCsoft just cannot seem to keep any games open. Auto Assault, Tabula Rasa (One of the few MMOs I actually liked), Dungeon Runners, and now Exteel. What's next, City of Heroes? (Obviously, it's just a question of when).

Posted: Jul 29th 2010 10:03PM Zenn said

This game died due to it's pay to win model sadly, those who paid far outclassed those who didn't

this will be the same reason why many other f2p's over the years will slowly die out due to the pay to win model

Posted: Jul 29th 2010 11:23PM daicon said

Oh yeah right, Auto Assault.

And didn't know CoH was PlayNC also. I figured PlayNC was just their F2P offerings.

Posted: Jul 30th 2010 4:28AM Eric Francis said

NCsoft is always talking about business decisions, how good are those business decisions? For me NCsoft has become a company that doesnt think twice about canning games that arent making enough money. So, what that tells me, is im not interested in putting time and effort in a game that might be canned a year or two after launch.

Not that exteel is a big loss, but in general, NCsoft is not a company im interested in forking money over to because of how fast they can games.

Posted: Jul 30th 2010 4:58AM Pan1 said

Ach its just NCsoft doing what they always do.

Players are the last thing on their mind and honestly I think they belong in the same 5 cents bin as Cryptic.

Their philosophy is wrong and not adapted to the western market.
I'm not even sure why anyone would even play a NCsoft game these days.
They are just too unreliable.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2010 10:30PM (Unverified) said

it was a really good game that NCsoft didnt pay any attention to for months at a time... real shame too, they're only f2p game currently and they're gonna trash it, i started mid summer had a lot going for me in there.. good thing i didnt ever get NCcoins xD

Posted: Sep 2nd 2010 12:22AM (Unverified) said

CALLING ALL EXTEEL PLAYERS

Convert to SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online!!!

It's pretty much a SECOND Exteel game, and it's just as, if not, MORE fun than Exteel if you're a gundam fan like I am who plays this game. =D

I can show you how to get into the game! I made tutorials all about it for you guys to take a look at!