Posted: Jul 28th 2010 1:11PM mko said

Ah Runes of Magic. I wish I could play it. But it Frogster IP banned my country...

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 1:12PM Valentina said

I'm glad one of these companies is taking a real stand against gold sellers and really trying to amp up account security.

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 1:50PM Ephe said

I hope it's more than trying to make a good impression to the future TERA players :)

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 1:51PM Pingles said

Password security is a big one, as I recently found out.

My LOTRO account was hacked TWO YEARS after I had quit. The only way I found out was when I got the deactivation email!

My password was not a real word and had numbers in it but they still powered through it.

This was after I had changed PCs twice since the time I played that game.

I know have more secure passwords.

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 11:40PM Jade Effect said

You could have the most secure password and take every reasonable precaution to safeguard your password. However, as they say "your security is only as strong as the weakest link".

Hundreds of years ago, the Greeks are smart enough to know there's an easier way into the city of Troy than to smash their heads repeatedly against the gates. Using brute force methods to guess account info or attacking the main site head-on is just dumb and inefficient.

Some people use the same login information when they create accounts across multiple fansites, RMT sites and how-to-exploit-your-way-in-the-game sites . Once the weak security of any of these sites is breached (whether by an insider or an intruder), the account security of a whole bunch of people are compromised.

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 2:14PM GreenArmadillo said

This is all well and good, but the announcement that will really have me interested is returning cash shop items to the in-game auction house. It is inexcusable that the only way to conduct these transactions is via completely unsecured trading. There's clearly a large market for "gifting" cash store items/currency in exchange for gold - people are constantly advertising such transactions in the global chat - but players have no way of being sure that their trading partner will honor their agreement.

If Frogster is happily going to pocket the money people pay for diamonds for the sole purpose of selling them for gold, they should also be responsible for safeguarding these transactions.