Posted: Jul 28th 2010 8:14PM CCon99 said

I thought that was a Champions Online screen shot. =P

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 8:25PM Monkey D Luffy said

Those are some realistic looking Murlocs.

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 8:34PM (Unverified) said

Those are Sahaugins, monsters from original D&D that Blizzard stole for their WoW-craft MMO and remade as mascots ; ). But Sahaugins are funny, they can be deadly and cunning.

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 8:35PM (Unverified) said

*aren't funny

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 9:35PM Audacious said

Hardly. The concept of fishmen stretches back farther even than that. At least to the feudal Japan era with Kappa and the like, but I'm sure there're western versions we don't know about.

Didn't they publish about things of this nature (someone "ripping off" something "original") in an article a few weeks or so ago?

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 8:54PM Verus said

And the original D&D stole it from a H.P. Lovecraft novel who probably took the idea from someone else..

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 9:34PM (Unverified) said

All fishy discussions aside:
Great that they are adding new content, especially so soon after the last update.
buuuuuuuuuuut
maybe...just maybe...
They should fix the freaking mess they made with Update 5.
Seriously. Glad they are getting so much attention, but wow has QA gone in the toilet at Turbine lately.

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 10:47PM (Unverified) said

I wonder if they are going to add Half-Orcs to this Update :o or maybe even Druids too! I would like both please ^^b Underwater combat sounds good, but I wonder what level the quests will be :o

Posted: Jul 29th 2010 12:57AM Daemodand said

Wow, another crappy DDO screenshot. Makes the game look almost monochromatic this time. Well, maybe the game just doesn't screen shot well. I've seen far worse DDO screenshots after all. The game looks way better than any of these screenies on Massively.

Instead of City of Heroes giving an underwater zone we get DDO giving us one instead. Well, I'll take what I can get. DDO has me until a better sword & sorcery comes along.

Posted: Jul 29th 2010 5:36AM Dread said

You know, I always wondered that as well. Why do DDO screenies here look so crap? And then I see gorgeous Fallen Earth shots that look nothing like the pretty shittastic circa 2003 graphics you actually see in game ... teh?!?!

Posted: Jul 29th 2010 8:37AM Ocho said

Maybe DDO just has a crappier screenshot resolution... who knows... its all cartooney, anyway. However... I think I'll start up DDO if I find the time to download it... all of these updates, the game looks like a lot of fun.

Ahh the joys of F2P, I can be playing a bunch of good MMOs at the same time and not feel bad about wasting money...

Posted: Jul 29th 2010 5:49PM (Unverified) said

Here you can check out first portion of our preview of Update 6.
This is from a very old build, Turbine could improve it much since then (recorded 2 months ago).
New Wilderness Area (text in Polish, so just play the video):

(Polish D&D Online Portal - www.ddopl.com)