Posted: Jul 28th 2010 11:01AM Pingles said

I have been charmed.

Some great stuff:

The forums. Lots of developer (distributor?) comments and requests for info.

The mob bosses. Very colorful, silly and yet fearsome.

The mobs chatter. The canned phrases are awesome. From "Stop hitting me! Why are you doing this!" to "Somebody call an ambulance!"

Be warned that as in most closed betas the toons will be wiped for open beta. I suggest using it as a chance to try out the game world and classes.

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 12:06PM Toggit said

Downloading as I type. I just love to be charmed ;)

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 1:32PM Randomessa said

Okay, I'm interested. Going to check this out.

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 2:57PM Bhagpuss said

Zentia is a really lovely game. The scenery is gorgeous , the towns vibrant and the creatures hilarious. I have had several "what the heck is that!" moments as some completely unexpected sight confronted me on rounding a corner, like the hen on a cat on a dog on a donkey or the wild conga-line following the Nenny.

I'd be playing Zentia right now if it wasn't for one thing. The launcher repeatedly registers as a Trojan threat on Avira. I've redownloaded form different sources, reinstalled and sent the file to Avira, who confirmed it IS a trojan. Consequently, until I can get a clean version I won't be able to play.

Anyone else having that issue?

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 7:15PM Dumac said

You could upload the suspicious file to www.virustotal.com and they will scan it using multiple antivirus engines, to check if its a false positive. If most of the scans show a negative result, its possible that Avast (and possibly others, if any) is reporting a false positive. Antiviruses are known to do that, especially when the settings are a bit too strict. Or if the antivirus isn't a top quality product to begin with...

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 3:03PM Platypus Man said

It's cute and it's fun -- even more so, in my opinion, than Free Realms. My kids and I will definitely be playing this one.

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 3:21PM (Unverified) said

This is a crazy fun game. I have been playing it for awhile. Leveling is easy in the beginning but the instances actually pose a challenge. The PvP is intense with all the moves you can do. There is dodge skills in the game which makes a lot of boss fights unique. Titles, mounts, and pets give you attributes! There is mounted combat. You can ride Dragons, Huge Toads, Scorpions, and even a Hermit Crab. To the people who have been saying the graphics are mediocre they obviously haven't tried this humorous f2p mmorpg!

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 3:21PM archipelagos said

The Matrix was cool for the time it was made, I reckon. The first one mind, the sequels can rot in film hell.

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 4:20PM Bhima said

Probably the best game from this developer hands down. Only thing that is frustrating is the enemy AI (at least at levels 13 and below) is completely stupid. Other than that, its unique for what it is.

Regarding the Trojan: That sounds a bit scary... I got a trojan from Battle of the Immortals that actually stole my WoW account. Luckily I don't play WoW anymore, but I would like more info regarding this potential Trojan in Zentia.

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 7:15PM Dandmcd said

I tested on both of my machines, Microsoft Security Essentials and Webroot did not pick it up as a trojan, so maybe Avira is making a false read...?

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 7:28PM Bhima said

Hey Dan,

Actually, Microsoft Security Essentials doesn't pick up all the trojans. In the case of Battle of the Immortals, their installer actually puts a specific Trojan on your machine: Trojan-phisher-wow. If you google it, you will find others that found this trojan from installing BoI. I tried, MSE, AVG, Malware Bytes, Adaware, Trojan Remover, Spybot Seek and Destroy and Spy Sweeper. ONLY Spy Sweeper found it and finally destroyed it. So yeah... these trojans (particularly the ones trying to steal your WoW account) are getting VERY sophisticated.

Whats really strange is, that they are coming from the official exe's of these F2P game companies. WTF!

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 10:35PM deejrandom said

Alrighty you talked me in to it. I am downloading the client. If i am not charmed, I am coming after you! *points finger to someone random*