Posted: Jul 28th 2010 6:10PM Tsuyin said

• Half a heart
"If you've ever wanted to make your voice heard with regard to Age of Conan"

I'm pretty sure no one has wanted to in quite some time.

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 6:19PM Dril said

Oho, I see what you...
No wait, I didn't. Moving on.

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 6:22PM Deadalon said

• Half a heart
One hour to fill out some lengthy surveys.... Yea right... Sounds like another PR stunt to make it LOOK like they actually want some feedback.

Secondly - this buys Funcom time to do nothing for few more months.

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 7:05PM (Unverified) said

first off - Deadalon, please never post again.

second off- The reason why a long survey(s) is a bad idea is because of fatigue.
If anyone at funcom had taken a Test and Measures course or anything of that nature they would know that long surveys are a horrible idea.

How many of you got through every survey and answered every question?

I would bet that after the first survey or three most people gave up on answering the questions accurately with any considerable thought.

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 7:09PM Lateris said

Deadalon,

I strongly disagree. After going through all the surveys I have found that they address what the current community that plays AoC have been discussing on the AoC forums.

I understand how it feels when a game throws a knife in the heart as I went through this with the release of the NGE in SWG and I moved on. But this game is not even close to your claims. You need need to move on. Many of us here really enjoy the game. It has moved on since launch. So should you.

Darn nice survey.

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 8:33PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
I don't see what the point of this survey is...they need to just go F2P or die.

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 11:26PM Lateris said

No offense. They are so far away from dying. Free to play is still pay to try the game in all scenarios with SOE being the worst offender. Check out the massively podcast.

Posted: Jul 29th 2010 2:12AM (Unverified) said

dying ^^ they could actually start to think about new servers ...

Posted: Jul 29th 2010 2:21AM eNTi said

i'd say "run if you can".

Posted: Jul 29th 2010 5:40AM Pan1 said

No offence, but they have asked for our opinions before and not done anything significant with it.

I doubt this time will be different.

Posted: Jul 29th 2010 7:14AM (Unverified) said

No one wants to spend that much time on surveys

Posted: Jul 29th 2010 8:23AM (Unverified) said

I'd be enticed to come back and play if they got rid of that dance-dance revolution style combat system. I don't find it to be action-RPG at all. Either go pure MMORPG combat style (easiest route) or steal a page from that Terra game before it even hits shelves and become the true action RPG a lot of us thought AoC would be.

Posted: Jul 29th 2010 10:30AM Shadanwolf said

I have been posting ad nauseam on the forums about my thoughts on needed changes.Today I submitted the short form of player feedback. SUBSCRIPTION CANCELED.

Posted: Jul 29th 2010 7:07PM Nicks87 said

@clarioncaller

I did the exact same thing.

I tried to look past the little things that I didnt like about the game but...

SUBSCRIPTION CANCELED

...was just the easier route.

Hopefully Funcom's Secret World will be much better.

Posted: Aug 1st 2010 10:51AM M1sterLee said

Ok, I just did one of the surveys and it took exactly 8 minutes without rushing. I don't think that's a lot really, so lets get over the 'too long surveys' thing.

Betawatch: October 18 - 24, 2014