Posted: Jul 27th 2010 3:14PM Zantom said

The trailer looks good, no doubt. I just have a hard time thinking about much else right now after trying out Starcraft 2 for the first time. Wow! That will keep me busy for a few months!

Posted: Jul 27th 2010 3:41PM (Unverified) said

""Not all of DC's superpowers will be playable""
But...but...I want to shrink like the Atom ;)

Posted: Jul 27th 2010 3:48PM (Unverified) said

I bet you can take Dove's superpowers! You can stand there and tell people to stop fighting

Posted: Jul 27th 2010 4:10PM (Unverified) said

Yeah don't expect shrinking, growing or plastic powers.

Posted: Jul 27th 2010 4:47PM Thestache said

I just remember how great I thought the WAR trailer was and also SoE scares me. However, I will keep an eye on it

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 5:47AM Snichy said

I agree - the trailer has absolutely nothing to do with the game, either in gameplay, aesthetics or attitude so it cannot be a good indication of the games quality. Anyone can put together a good dramatic cinematic so people shouldn't assume the game will be good just because of it.

With regard to SOE, they have already pissed off all of the UK by offering preorder bonuses to everyone EXCEPT the UK so God only knows what other marketting and gameplay disasters are ahead for this game!

Posted: Jul 27th 2010 5:34PM EYELEsS said

According to this article on IGN, SOE has already decided not to make the servers cross-platform. This annoys me.

And yeah, the awesome WAR trailer does come to mind when looking at the newest DCUO trailer. It looks so cool, but there's definitely a part of me that thinks it'll be a shiny turd. Like any other game, I'll have to preserve judgment until AFTER I blow $50+ on it :P

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 2:30AM alinos said

thats good news not bad news

cross platform would mean that someone has a limited amount of buttons while the rest of the team has the entire keyboard to control with

my reasoning says that the console version has to play different in some way

Posted: Jul 27th 2010 6:00PM Lateris said

Superman for the love of earth make a krypton proof suit.

Posted: Jul 27th 2010 6:29PM Monitor2112 said

PS3 will still have to pay a subscription...they just don't ALSO have to pay for PSN+

Posted: Jul 27th 2010 8:00PM OldBoy said

monitor has it right. PlayStation Plus is a paid premium content package for PS3 users, similar to Xbox Live Gold, meaning there will only be the monthly subscription to play DC Universe Online.

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 4:05PM (Unverified) said

However, one of the (very) few good things about SOE is that they offer the Station Pass. Essentially, $30 for a sub to all of their sub games. If the other game you're playing is EQII or something, then you could grab the Station Pass and get Vanguard, EQI, SWG, etc for the price of two sub games.