Posted: Jul 25th 2010 9:07AM WilliamNighthawk said

I wish they would give other superheroes some promo time. Hawkman, Green Arrow, Nightwing, Captain Marvel, Doctor Fate, Spectre, Raven. I mean they had Black Adam but no Captain Marvel or Hawkman. At least they gave cyborg some promo time.

Posted: Jul 25th 2010 12:58PM (Unverified) said

1) In regards to SOE:

I know SOE has made mistakes in the past with game development.
But you can only hate for so long when there are so very few MAINSTREAM developers for MMOs, most of whom have made similiar mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes when learning.

I too disliked some SOE MMOs to date and the choices they made.

But this voice cast, writers, and the DC universe are so excellent that I will get the game at launch and likely even get the collector's ed.

2) In regards to "sparkle pony" stores:

This is simply a new fact of life in F2P and subscription MMOs. Content thru stores is here and will only increase, in many ways. I like it, some don't, but overall most folks have been voting on it with their pocket books as a winning idea.

Posted: Jul 26th 2010 9:31AM Snichy said

I generally do not judge a game on its publishers previous efforts, but if it was SoE decision to deny the UK (and only the UK) preorder bonuses, then me and a lot of other people wont go near it on principal...!

Posted: Jul 25th 2010 1:07PM (Unverified) said

The trailer was excellent in terms of visuals, voices, and content.

Except it needed a better setup for some folks, to explain it was a nightmare, war future.

Obviously,the bad guys and luthor had created such a war like time for so long that most heros were wearing armour, cities were leveled, and even the ultra boy scout superman had started to get darker.

Posted: Jul 25th 2010 6:16PM (Unverified) said

Maybe some sort of mass meta-gene/super-power trigger wave?

Maybe something to pull braniac here sooner before the heros and villians spend to much time smashing each other apart.

Maybe both (most likely IMO)

It was something that triggers the creation of more heros and villians (making us the players) while also bringing in Braniacs forces early ( a common enemy).

We will be new heros/villians fighting each other and dealing with a braniac forces invasion.