Posted: Jul 24th 2010 2:51PM Dandmcd said

Still not buying in to the hype either, but I definitely will be eagerly awaiting a beta spot someday, because I do want to try this game, but will not blindly buy without being able to give it a trial run. I have liked everything I have seen so far, however!

Posted: Jul 24th 2010 2:16PM (Unverified) said

I hope the game does well. I have learned from WAR that trailers do not make a game. I will be watching it though, but SoE scares me.

Posted: Jul 24th 2010 2:42PM Its Utakata stupid said

Yep...I will be waiting till a few months after the game's release to if it really lives up to itself.

I can tell you for one though...from video footage of ingame combat I've seen to date is no where as near as fluid as depicted on that trailer. In fact, combat in WoW is far more fluid.

...and not mention, I don't trust SOE's "sparkle poney" business model either...which may spill over into DCU. :(

Posted: Jul 24th 2010 2:51PM (Unverified) said

Actually Blizzard came out with the "Sparkle Pony" and the others followed when they saw people actually buying them. We have no one to blame but ourselves for cash shops

Posted: Jul 24th 2010 2:50PM Daemodand said

Good point about the animations. This thing releases in November and the animations are looking pretty poopy. Too jerky, as if they're using two-step animation. Compare its animations to City of Heroes. Despite being a pretty old game, CoH's animations are smooth and beautifully done (Chris Bruce is one of the very best animators in the industry).

CoH beat the upstart Champions and won Beckett's award for the superhero/sci-fi category, will it be able to do the same to DCUO next year? We'll see!

Posted: Jul 24th 2010 3:01PM Its Utakata stupid said

I agree Excelsior, that's why I tounge and cheeked the "Sparkle Pony" reference...even though I knew full well SOE is not the first to come up with it. :)

Posted: Jul 25th 2010 2:22PM ZenJitsu said

I agree with Daemodand about the animations. It's as if they dropped frames in order to achieve faster action activation times. It comes across looking choppy at best. The animations in CoH are beautifully done and actions are very smooth even when it's quick. I wonder if this has anything to do with PS3 optimization.

Also, in order to achieve the 'run and gun' feel, they are going with Champions Online style animation...where the torso twists separately, so you can move and fire/fight at the same time. It's a tradeoff, as CoH has better animation but roots you for the execution. I just happen to like the latter.

I know they're going for a bubblegum action game, but I was hoping they'd have revealed more of the character customization system or even other activities besides combat. Guess I'm still looking for something of a deeper superhero RPG system.

Of course, Blur trailers never disappoint...it got me to subscribe wholeheartedly to Hellgate: London. *sigh*

Posted: Jul 24th 2010 2:48PM Tristik said

Pretty nice trailer. Has a nice edge and brutality to it. I especially like the update to Wonder Woman. She actually comes across as bad-assed in the alternate future.

Posted: Jul 24th 2010 3:49PM (Unverified) said

Agreed. Wonder Woman looks great.

And I like Harley Quinn....wearing Robin's cape, with a hole right in the center. Looks like Joker claimed another bird.

And, the target Joker painted on his own back. Loved it.

Posted: Jul 25th 2010 3:17PM mxwp said

Even in the main DC universe, Wonder Woman is the only one of the Big Three that has killed a villain without regret.

Posted: Jul 24th 2010 3:18PM Faryon said

I liked the trailer, but the fact that it's a SOE game makes me really hesitant to even consider trying it out.

Posted: Jul 24th 2010 3:27PM BubleFett said

When is Blur going to do full hour motion picture?
They should do the WOW movie like this instead of live action.

Posted: Jul 24th 2010 3:47PM Monkey D Luffy said

Joker and Batmans voices FTW!

Anyone know if Harley Quinns voice is the same one from the Animated series?

And didn't Mark Hamill say he is going to retire the Jokers voice after Arkham Asylum 2?

Posted: Jul 24th 2010 10:06PM alinos said

i think so but one could say that arkham asylum will launch after this and hes probably done all his joker lines for DCU online already(hopefully if its the case he keeps it going if the game takes off

Posted: Jul 24th 2010 4:01PM Jesenko said

We all know that batman already had a plan for something like this happening in one of his simulations and out of millions simulations he has this one was a simulation number 3 couse he already foresaw this exact thing happening cause he is "The Batman"

Posted: Jul 24th 2010 4:05PM Meagen said

That should really be "whom do you trust?".

"Who" is used when the answer is "he". Who stole the cookies? He stole the cookies.

"Whom" is used when the answer is "him". Whom do you trust? I trust him.

I have nothing constructive to add.

Posted: Jul 24th 2010 6:13PM Its Utakata stupid said

...

Somehow, I think Meagen would be real pain to have a game of Scrabble with. :(

Posted: Jul 24th 2010 9:04PM (Unverified) said

I was going to vote this comment down until I read the last line. Then I voted it up.

Posted: Jul 25th 2010 10:30AM Daemodand said

I have no idea how grammar Nazis can even look at the internet without going insane.

Posted: Jul 25th 2010 1:55PM ZenJitsu said

Opportunities to learn are all around, but only the foolish refuse to see them. That was a very useful, simplified explanation I can use. Thanks, Meagen!