Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 9:21AM (Unverified) said

WOW-
The fact that even though I have an 80, i can only roll a dk at 55, why not any class
The attendance over performance system wow uses as far as gearing and loot goes.

EQ2-
The fact that rolling a new toon is asking to play in abandoned zones for the next 15 days played.

WAR-
Great game, bad management, If blizz bought this license this game would be the number 2 mmo right now.

EVE-
The UI, I consider myself a pretty savvy gentleman, but come the F*** on.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 9:34AM (Unverified) said

Questing on rails really ticks me off....So pretty much every mmorpg post WoW. No reason to group up with guildmates because everyone is on their own single player quest for cap. That is epic fail for something that calls itself massively multiplayer!

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 9:40AM (Unverified) said

you don't love any of those games though. The column asks you to critique a game you love.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 9:40AM (Unverified) said

APB - built-in wall hacks
LotRO - Travel times, as previously stated, are both its blessing in terms of virtual beauty, and its curse as they are so infuriatingly long and you are often making at least one stop before your destination

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 11:49AM Tizmah said

APB- No hitboxes. I really didn't think how much of a big deal this would be. But I guess that's why we developed hitboxes back in the 90s...

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 9:52AM Mirin said

I really love the idea of Fallen Earth, but from the start I just felt the combat was rough. The movements feel robotic. I'm just spoiled i guess, but i kind of need fluid motion or immersion is out the window. I really hope they clean that game up a bit. So much potential there.

Aion could be a great game, the visuals are stunning, all the classes I have played (Sorc, Ranger, Cleic, Sin) can be fun in the right setting, I love the combat mechanics. However the RNG is out of control, and the community is more self loathing than the crowd at Friday night bingo at the JCC. i have never played a game that so many of the people playing it hate so much.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 10:01AM blomma said

Fallen Earth: The inventory system badly needs a overhaul, the confirmation dialogs alone makes me want to shot myself. Autoloot needs to be smarter, i.e. give preference to the items already in your inventory that stack. The mount animation is nice, but takes sooooo much time.

WoW: The heavy focus on pvp/raiding. I would like for them to implement housing and maybe overhaul crafting also.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 10:14AM Ayonyx said

AoC: that I still feel like there's nothing to do.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 10:46AM Vinegar Ninja said

WoW- the community, need I say more?

CoH - the warehouse.

Fallen Earth - the animations and aggro mechanics are just terrible, things warp, or sometimes they rush past me and get behind me, which can be annoying when its done at random times.

WAR - the leveling curve. If they lowered it and make it much less of a total grindfest to 40 I would be very happy.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 1:05PM (Unverified) said

Asheron's Call 2 - the fact that I can't play it.

Posted: Jul 25th 2010 6:34PM (Unverified) said

Are you me?

Posted: Jul 26th 2010 3:02AM (Unverified) said

Are you me?

Posted: Jul 26th 2010 10:54AM (Unverified) said

I regret to inform you, it is true.

I'm you and I've come back from the future.... Ac2 has still yet to be resurrected in our current dimension.

Mass(ively) mobs of angry vets are slowly coming out of our shelter-holds and burning the world to the ground.

I'm here to warn everyone that if we don't re-release (or some form of), the world will end in 5 years from your present day.

that is all.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 10:54AM Gloon said

Global Agenda - The post office lag! For those of us who are very active in the Auction House, collecting 100+ mail items at a time can be a daunting task.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 12:22PM (Unverified) said

Aion- Melee character have to stop moving to attack. And the devs can't seem to figure out how to make leveling fluid. Right nows it's hit 25, run and instance over and over till 28. Hit 31, run an instance ove and over till 40. Run an instamce over and over till 50. At 50, nothing to do. Reroll and do it all over again.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 11:28AM Sorithal said

LotRO - The slow pace of it is kind of a mood killer at times. Moria's where I mostly dislike it.

WoW - Lack of any deep customization (dye-able clothes, cosmetic equipment slots, surnames, limited face/hair customization, etc.), the fact that so much of Warcraft's lore has to be retconned or twisted, and also how many RP servers are pretty much just PvE servers these days.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 11:34AM (Unverified) said

WoW- The oversimplification of mechanics. Most apparent in Cata. I prefer my MMO's with challenge AND complexity. WoW is slowly losing both, in my opinion.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 1:02PM Teki said

/agreed.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 11:45AM (Unverified) said

I enjoy all the games below, but some more than others, as the problems with a few are almost enough to make me give up on them.

In alphabetical order:

Aion - The completely clueless NCWest people running the game, the broken PvP mechanics and the drop rates on some items. The RNG is annoying (really annoying sometimes), but is supposed to be like that to make some stuff really rare; many people don't seem to understand that concept.

Free Realms - the combat nerf (although they are working on improving the new combat, we'll see how that goes) and the devs all leaving to work on Clone Wars. Just hope they come back now and add some new areas and a new player race (or species or whatever).

Guild Wars - lack of an auction house or merchant for certain things (weapon mods in particular). They could at least set up something like the rune and materials NPCs or even private stores (limited though, don't want them all over the place in towns, maybe have a 'trading / private store instance' for the 3 main campaigns)

LoTRO - the combat could be smoother, it just doesn't quite flow right. I've adjusted the animations in the settings and it still is a bit wonky. The combat shouts are pretty bad too. I don't mind Aion's combat yells (well, maybe the female assassin is a bit much), but they are just terrible in LoTRO.

Runes of Magic - not wild about NA Frogster, combat is wonky like LoTRO (with skill misfires on top of that), but without the pretty graphics of LoTRO. Will quit playing entirely if they don't bring back exchanging gold for diamonds in the auction house.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 1:22PM jacomdad said

WAR: Where to begin...

Class Balance: Each classes sister class is stronger for Order. All the Destro classes are lesser variations of their Order siblings.

Dead Content: T2 is mildly dead and T3 is a no-mans-land. T4 is active but upon entering it your RR is usually FAR behind your PvE level.

PvE: The PvE in WAR is just bad, no other way to put it. Its boring and lacks anything close to a good story.

A medal for every occasion: I like that you get Medals in PvP areas but does each one need it's own individual medal type? Medallions, Emblems, Ankhs, and Insignias make what could be a simplified system complicated for no reason. Why not just have 8 tiers of medallions and be done with it?

Magical Melee: The fact that melee classes do magical damage with attacks (except black orcs). Melee attacks should all be physical damage. Seing a chosen or blademaster endlessly spam spirit damage is silly. It allows for some VERY hard hits for melee classes and makes combat go by way too fast.

Speed Kills: Apart from a few classes, meeting someone in PvP combat is an invigorating fight... for about 4 seconds then its over for someone. That makes it a bit too easy for zergs to just roll over a crowd before they can even react.

Lost Potential: They have improved the game quite a bit since launch but I think so many people were disappointed when the game came out that what could have been awesome is pretty empty. Then again It still has more then its share of problems and poorly planned development.

The Stream Team: Adios, Elite: Dangerous