Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 2:22PM (Unverified) said

Wow.. that looks A LOT like one of the outposts in Tabula Rasa... I should give Global Agenda a try me thinks.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 2:27PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
I had played this game since beta and the latest patch killed this game for me. Save your money.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 3:19PM chum said

Care to elaborate? I really enjoyed my time outside the dome yesterday and the couple raids I tried were disorganized but fun.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 3:45PM Tom in VA said

This is basically a PvP game, right?

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 4:23PM GryphonStalker said

With this patch I'd say PvE is pretty healthy at the moment, PvP needs some TLC as the last two patch caused some balancing issues.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 3:49PM Darkjoy said

These recent Sandstorm patches have also put my GA flame out. I've played since beta also. It just doesn't feel like the same game anymore, they've changed to much. The UI looks worse than what it was before they updated it.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 4:20PM wcdregon said

A different perspective, I am 3 weeks new Global Agenda and I absolutely love it.
firstly its free to play. secondly the game wasn't designed around this payment model so there seems to be a certain quality I feel is put into subscription games.
The game is not perfect, there are plenty of feature that seem lacking, but the overall gameplay is fun and addicting. Its not very PvE centric but if you like PvP and will do some PvE to break the monotony then this is for you. There is even a mode called Double Agent where a team of 4 is sent in to complete a PvE mission and they throw in two human counter agents to foil the team of 4. Sounds simple but its a lot of fun. My one caveat is that the only way to really level up is by doing PvP. There's lots of PvE in the beginning but most Archtypes aren't capable of soloing beyond a certain level, due to PvE missions being timed (usually generously timed). Once you hit that point where you can't solo, the only option is to get in queue for a pvp match. the queues are quick and the player base has a good variation of skill levels so you really feel like your making a difference in whether your team wins or loses. The reason the sandstorm added an outdoor patch is because there's nothing to do during queue times other than shop or modify your costume. Once your gear is good and your happy with your costume (which you'll have plenty of time to do) there's literally nothing to do except stand around. Hopefully now that sandstorm phase II is out, there will be the ability to farm crafting drops in the outdoor zone while queuing and that's enough to make me happy. I really like the direction that they are moving in with this game. As someone who is a self-proclaimed hater of FPS, I have to admit this game delivers the goods. Its just as fun as Call of Duty: MW2 but without all the haxorz and the added RPG elements of leveling and character customization. I haven't logged in since the game was updated yesterday so I am excited to check out the new features and the streamlined token system. I highly recommend this game!

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 4:33PM GryphonStalker said

"The reason the sandstorm added an outdoor patch is because there's nothing to do during queue times"

While not necessary wrong, I did want to clarify that the open zone was added as part of the revamped new player experience. After the tutorial you start in Dome City at level 5 and this zone is geared toward 5-15, so new players can get a better grasp on the game and it's mechanics. (Timed Instanced PvE missions are also available starting at level 5 via the Mission Screen(M) and Instanced PvP mission are available after level 10).

Although it's still fun too jet around even on high level toons.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 4:52PM wcdregon said

one thing thats been bothering me is, where does the revenue from Global Agenda come from? ive never played a F2P game that doesn't have a cash store.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 5:35PM GryphonStalker said

Guild Wars model. Basically, paid account services and expansion packs.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 9:20PM (Unverified) said

Just how IS this game nowadays? I played it before any of the sandstorm updates and now am curious as to how good it has become.

MMO Week in Review: WoW's rebound

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 8:00PM

EVE Evolved: What does Thera mean for EVE?

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 6:00PM