Posted: Jul 22nd 2010 5:37PM (Unverified) said

Looks great - will be in Middle-Earth when this releases.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2010 6:00PM EdmundDante said

Turbine has great visual artists when it comes to depicting the Middle Earth landscape.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2010 11:09PM TheJackman said

• 1 heart
they can release all the images they want but I am not interested any more. With that Free to play spam they are running soon...

Posted: Jul 22nd 2010 11:26PM rznkain said

Yea I find it funny they haven't released jack to the paying subs in way of content for 11 months now yet they smell that free to play money cash shop a coming and here comes the content.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 6:07AM (Unverified) said

You do recall that Mirkwood went live in December 2009, right?

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 1:44PM gildhur said

That's kind of WHY there hasn't been an update since March (not 11 months). They're retooling the entire game from the UI to account access to quest areas. They've had to put everything on hold until the foundation of the game re-launches, then they can start adding back on top of it. It's kind of pointless to put a hat on first when you're still changing your pants. ;-)

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 6:55AM rznkain said

• 1 heart
You do know the difference in a content update and a pair adventure of Expansion pack right? They used to do them every 3 months or so for free.But apprently you don't recall much yourself there einstein.

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 4:23AM (Unverified) said

Then make clear that that's what you mean, please. 'New content' could potentially cover either eventuality. And there's no need to get snarky.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 9:21AM (Unverified) said

I cannot wait for this.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 1:39PM Aelon said

I tried the 10-day trial last night and after the install, there was no icon to launch the game placed on the desktop, in the quick launch, or even in the full programs list! I was dumbfounded and after Googling it turns out Microsoft made them hide it in the "Games" folder (that I've never had to access in my 2 years on Vista). That hurdle done, I double-clicked on the icon and nothing happened. Nada. Back to Google... apparently another Vista issue, and the answer: dig through your folders and find the actual game executable. Make your own icon. I uninstalled that piece of crap right then and there. Trials that put a technical burden on users they are supposed to impress: no thanks. Back to my other MMO's.

Posted: Jul 24th 2010 8:52AM Shadanwolf said

Great art.I just wish Turbine realized player characters should bend their knees ,and not look so wooden ,when they run/walk.Small thing....maybe but suspends "belief" for me.

MMO Week in Review: It is your Destiny