Posted: Jul 22nd 2010 1:49PM (Unverified) said

I imagine most interrupts will be reserved the PvP skill sets, since interrupts were rarely needed in GW1 PvE.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2010 3:13PM samkash said

it's possible they removed explicit "interrupt skills", and instead interrupts will be sides effects of other skills.

for example, u are casting a spell and u get knocked down, u get still interrupted, but its more of a side effect of being knocked down than necessarily a skill designed specifically to interrupt

just a thought...

Posted: Jul 22nd 2010 2:12PM (Unverified) said

Very interesting and much more informative than I was expecting. It kind of makes me sad that you can't do more with your pet than that though. Being able to decal/decorate them out at least would be nice. The rest I can understand though. It's also a little annoying that you have to have a pet to be effective, but I'll live I guess.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2010 2:24PM Clinton O said

so you have to have a pet to be good? i mean i loved my pet in gw1 but when it came down to it he would end up sitting there looking pretty while i did all the work. i like the idea of having pets but i dont want to have to rely on them too much

Posted: Jul 22nd 2010 3:15PM samkash said

as someone in the comments from one of the prev gw2 posts noticed, the rifle is not one of the approved ranger weapons, which means there still may be a sniper-ish ranger-ish class that doesn't use pets.

in which case, u might still be able to have the class u want, a musketeer of sorts

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 11:53PM (Unverified) said

I think Blackstream's on the right line here.

There should be another ranged class that caters for those that don't like to micro-manage a pet.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2010 2:28PM Daemodand said

People like Rangers. Are you listening LOTRO?

Posted: Jul 22nd 2010 4:54PM Tom in VA said

LotRO has rangers. They're called, ummm, Lore-Masters, I think. :p

Posted: Jul 22nd 2010 2:32PM Wisdomandlore said

The Hunter is LOTRO's "Ranger." It's a high-damage ranged class in medium armor with tracking skills. It does not have a pet.

An actual Ranger in LOTRO would not be a ranged class, nor it would have a pet. It would some hybrid of several different classes that would not appeal to the DPS-addicts that want the traditional MMO "Ranger."

Posted: Jul 22nd 2010 2:50PM Audacious said

• 1 heart
Good lord they make the pets sound ridiculously boring. So much for the ranger.

"Can you armor them...?"
"No."
"Can they be controlled...?"
"No."
"But can I make them...?"
"No."

Posted: Jul 22nd 2010 4:58PM Tom in VA said

I really think the pets (companions) in SWTOR sounds much more interesting and varied than what GW2 is apparently offering.

Moreover, all classes can either use them or not as they see fit. Now, that's the right way to handle pets, in my opinion.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 3:48AM Dirame said

First off, you CAN control the pets by telling them to attack or attack those who attack you or attack those you attack or just tell it to stay. I know you were just slightly exaggerating what he said anyway so its all good.

@Tom

If they were to do pets in the way you described then pets won't play much of a role in a rangers minute to minute gameplay and it might be unbalanced once the pet enters the playing field.

EVE Evolved: EVE Online vs. Elite: Dangerous