Posted: Jul 20th 2010 9:34AM shoan said

I think I would rather the game engine get tweeked than a new UI put in place. I hate the delay in updates when you get quest items and what not and the jittery performance at times. Before someone says get a better PC, I am running a pretty strong one as is. Just wish they would do something to use all 4 cores of a processor. If they could just smooth it out I would love to come back.

Posted: Jul 20th 2010 9:44AM (Unverified) said

I can see how a different or hopefully, easier to customize, ui could mean in the way of keeping the "wow-tourist" in the game.

I hope that they make a little check box that says "use simple ui" or something like that to let people just keep what they have if they have been liking it for ~5 years.

But WOW has broken my mind, I look at everything like a pixel pusher now. I see a box of cookies in the store and think about the font the spacing the layout, the balance, the ease of information. So in general, I am all for UI improvements.

Posted: Jul 20th 2010 11:10AM TheJackman said

As a "wow-tourist" the Everquest UI looks really bad to me! also the game engine need a ton of work!

Posted: Jul 20th 2010 11:27AM Celestian said

If the UI is not a LUA update then it won't matter what they do. The current system just allows you to reskin and frankly that's not enough these days.

We need the ability to change how things are displayed, change the way things function and interact with other players.

Posted: Jul 20th 2010 11:50AM pcgneurotic said

Eh, I like it as it is - it's the most flexible default UI of any game ever, and when you roll a new character you can choose to import your layout from another character, which is nice. Still, I'll be interested to see what they're brewing for us. :)

Posted: Jul 20th 2010 11:51AM Aelon said

Can I has click-casting nao?

Posted: Jul 21st 2010 3:26AM Azlew said

Of all the UI's out there, EQ2's default UI is one of the best going. I still use it over many of the alternatives out there such as Profit and Drums.

Possibly the biggest thing it's got going for it is that if I want to move my inventory window away from my journal... I can put it wherever I want. I can make my bags like toolbars and my hotbars can go wherever I want, as a healer I put my heal hotbar in a 3x4 arrangement by my group window, which can also go wherever I want it to.

So with the UI already being so versatile (the most versatile out there perhaps) I can't imagine what they are planning on doing with the next update.