Posted: Jul 19th 2010 1:38PM (Unverified) said

Just subbed to eq2 today, done lots of trials over the years but gonna play it properly this time, apart from halaas zones trying to plan where to start ;D 85% to still download cant wait.

Posted: Jul 19th 2010 1:48PM (Unverified) said

It's been such a long while since I sat down and gave EQII a spin. Well, not *that* long, about year and some change, maybe. Still, this entire starter experience sounds like a great deal more fun than my original experiences on the famed 'Newb Island' and later Qeynos. The break down of content for the article was really well flushed out, cudos for all the pointes on Lore Quests and AA points, two elements from my previous foray that I recall not really understanding. Lastly, it Always blows me away to look at the screen-captures you guys put up.

The spec on my PC when I played EQII about a year ago was...okay, at least for a game as aged as EQII. However, wow...what-ever you've got going under your PC's Hood makes this seem like a whole new game. The resolution, details, and color constrast was so Sharp, I spent a good long while just looking at the pretty pictures (laughs) Bottom line, thanks for another great Tattered Notebook, it really got me wanting to play this game; sadly, between my Rig not really being what it once was anymore (curse of the gaming Rig) and this bloody recession, I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. Still, something to look forward to.

Posted: Jul 19th 2010 2:07PM Jef Reahard said

My gaming machine is pretty average at this point. I built it specifically to play Vanguard at launch, so it's well over three years old. I have upgraded the graphics card periodically, currently running a GTx 250 with a gig of onboard video ram.

I get anywhere from 35-50 fps with just about every slider maxed aside from particle effects. The only other thing that may be different from when you played is that I'm using the alternate/Asian character models. I prefer them over the plastic-looking originals.

Long story short, EQII runs well on older machines, and there's plenty of eye candy to go around. It isn't Age of Conan, but it's still pretty.

Posted: Jul 19th 2010 2:04PM (Unverified) said

Have fun with all those quests, they seem to be never ending. I level locked my Barb Warden on the Noob Island when I created him. Levelled him to about 85% into 79 just through quests/discovery/named kills. 2500+ quests, and wasn't done with Kunark, and just touching Moors of Ykesha before I quit playing. Only quit because my comp couldn't handle the graphics in the newer releases.

Great game with so much content...I miss it.

Posted: Jul 19th 2010 9:13PM (Unverified) said

I was really enjoying getting back into EQ2, and had started my character on the Bazaar server thinking it might be interesting to try this whole free market idea for characters, and being able to sell them, sell your money etc.
But then there was Live Game Exchange (SOE's "partner" for these transactions), and they really screwed me over. What a mess... First time I have ever been banned from anything, and pathetically, it was due to FOLLOWING instructions (ew, rage building!) it put such a sour taste in my mouth that I just lost all motivation to play EQ2.
To be treated so poorly... ew... ok... its just peeving me off all over again.
Maybe if they ditch LGE I'll go back... I've never had to deal with anything so shady in my life.