Posted: Jul 19th 2010 11:10AM (Unverified) said

I'm happy they left the bounties in regardless of how they did it, I did not have enough Medals to get anywhere near the amount of weapons I wanted too at the time. I want to build a house out of those wonderful staves!

Posted: Jul 19th 2010 11:22AM (Unverified) said

Zinn, Blimm, and G.O.X. showed up at the aftermath of the Battle for Lion's Arch. I think Zinn said something about going to "take revenge on those asura fools" who exiled him.

I'm more concerned with where Murro vanished to. He's nowhere to be found after the battle.

Posted: Jul 19th 2010 12:39PM Seldra said

About Greywind, after you finish the BLA mission and Salma finishes her speech. As all the npcs disperse you'll see the Ebon Falcons congregate by the main fountain right buy the market area. You'll see a dialog with all of them: Spoiler Alert

Posted: Jul 19th 2010 12:50PM (Unverified) said

There was a dialogue after the Battle for Lion's Arch, involving Captain Greywind and the Ebon Vanguard members, so he returned safely and relays the news of Thackeray and Langmar missing.

Zinn and Blimm did have a contribution in the battle, but it was so disapointing they might as well not been there, it was a buff that reflects some damage. They were up on the hill overlooking the first set of steps. And they appear afterwards in Lion's Arch, Blimm has a dialogue about not getting cake.

Posted: Jul 19th 2010 1:49PM Controlled Chaos said

It took about twenty minutes after logging in to have the entire bloody thing ruined for me by people talking about it all. It's kind of difficult to get into it when one of the first things you see in chat is exactly what will happen. MMOs would be so fun if it weren't for the friggin' people in them.

War in Kryta has done little more than prove to me that, while I adore a good story, they end up serving as just another thing to be tossed out then aside by people who couldn't even give a tiniest bit of a crap about it besides, "Hey, sweet, these new weapons sell for a bundle."

And I hope Thackeray is dead. He was irritating, at best.

Posted: Jul 19th 2010 3:54PM (Unverified) said

It's going to be tough for Thackeray to be dead considering he still has to marry Gwen and what not, so that his lineage can continue to Logan Thackeray.

Posted: Jul 19th 2010 4:04PM (Unverified) said

She could be pregnant with his love child!

Posted: Jul 19th 2010 4:34PM Seldra said

"MMOs would be so fun if it weren't for the friggin' people in them."

That is the smartest thing I've read in a while.

Look there will always be people in MMOs that will skip story to just level cap and get on with progression or other endgame activities. Their loss, those that take time and enjoy the flowers, hey just made your day better with a good story.

Posted: Jul 19th 2010 5:00PM Controlled Chaos said

@Moxa: Exactly. This is why prequels are about the most uninteresting things ever. When something is revealed in the future to have already happened, it takes away anything at all that resembles emotion or drama. Knowing at all that the line still exists basically makes it a moot point to worry about the guy at all. At least if he's dead, hey, you know, a twist...

@Van: Thanks. heh I felt like I was ranting a bit, but nice to know someone else agrees. True enough, I let other people do their thing, I do mine, but it's still annoying to know that this is basically where gaming is going when, like ten years ago, a good story was not only accepted, but cherished.