Posted: Jul 19th 2010 12:15PM (Unverified) said

My son LOVES Lego: Batman and Lego: Star Wars. I can't wait to play this with him.

Posted: Jul 19th 2010 2:34PM (Unverified) said

Interesting!

Posted: Jul 19th 2010 2:02PM (Unverified) said

How does LEGO Universe compare to other MMOs?

Posted: Jul 19th 2010 3:01PM (Unverified) said

There is still the go there and collect things quests, but it's very kid friendly, and really hardly any grinding of sorts. Not had much chance to play with the builder but you collect absolutely tonnes of bricks to build...well...whatever you want!

Posted: Jul 19th 2010 1:03PM (Unverified) said

I'm playing in the beta. Yes, your children will love it. I'm also bound by the NDA, but I will tell you that gameplay is a delightful mix of MMO play and the LEGO platforming games (Star Warrs, Indiana Jones, etc). My 7-year old is a big fan of the LEGO games on the 360, but is having trouble wrapping his head around a full MMO in a similar universe.

Posted: Jul 19th 2010 1:55PM (Unverified) said

Been knocking around in the beta when I can, and am really enjoying it. Plays pretty much the same as the other LEGO games, great fun. Even though I'm a good twenty years over the target audience, really considering taking it up on release.

Posted: Jul 19th 2010 5:50PM (Unverified) said

Sadly I can not go into great details as to why I dislike LEGO: Universe, but as a sum of all my extensive gaming experience:

I was VERY disappointed by the game. It claims to be all about imagination and that is the key thing the game itself is missing. Quests are generic, achievements are pure grinding and the game world itself is tiny and very cliche.

I think that the game hopes to become some kind of Little Big Planet in a LEGO setup, having a "brick builder" mode that allows you to create your own little LEGO worlds that you can share with other people. But dismisses the fact that its "builder mode" is clunky and that the target group is not likely to produce a lot of extremely well designed mini-adventure worlds all by them self (age 7-10 ...).

All in all, it is a somewhat boring game with a very small game world and a very limited number of mini-games and I do believe that LEGO: Star Wars had more to offer in terms of game content, exploration, puzzles, combat and overall fun gaming experience than LEGO: Universe. (and it did not cost you a monthly subscription fee)

Posted: Jul 19th 2010 7:23PM Dirame said

The game is fun but I am plagued with a bad case of lag that seems to be out to get me. Every time I lag on a sloppy cliff, I stop so I don't throw myself over due to lag but the lag decides that my character has no friction and throws me off the cliff anyway and when I got to the really cliffy areas.... don't even ask how many times I died.

Also whats up with the killing of mobs in this game? I would have expected it to be more kid friendly by making it that everyone participates in killing a mob gets the loot but apparently that's not the case and I get my kills stolen by some random chap who managed to get the last hit.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2010 5:28PM El Furioso said

Have they finally fixed the ability to invert your mouse? Beta testing was driving me crazy when I couldn't do this, even though it was listed in the Options area.

WoW Archivist: Epics