Posted: Jul 16th 2010 1:34PM (Unverified) said

This is one of my favorite zones in the game. I had a lot of fun questing here, and as a hunter, it is a perfect place to make money (lots of vendor trash). The quest are great, if you don't mind walking a lot. Once you have the travel points it get easier. One thing I noticed is not a lot of hunters have the teleport skill to Suri-Kyla, but I recommend doing all the quest to open all travel points and get the port. Great article. Once the game goes F2P I'll jump back and snipe the nemesis there hehehehe.

Posted: Jul 16th 2010 3:06PM Oneiromancer said

The epic quests in Forochel are *so* much easier as a Hunter with the port to Suri-Kyla. But even so, it's still ridiculous how much you have to go back and forth. Definitely avoid doing the epic quests until you at least get the swift travel to the NW outpost.

Posted: Jul 16th 2010 1:42PM nomoredroids said

Your posts always inspire me to play more LOTRO. Hopefully I will be exploring this region in the fall.

Posted: Jul 16th 2010 2:57PM (Unverified) said

Forochel seems to be one of those zones that you either love or hate. I am in agreement that this zone is one of my favorites, and provides interesting contrast to the Misty Mountains. Both winter locales, the Misties always felt to me to be a little more comfortable, like just a beautiful northern area with stuff to do, while Forcochel comes across as a harsh tundra, one which demands a higher level of constitution on the part of its inhabitants. One might vacation to the Misty Mountains, but you wouldn't visit Forochel on holiday. ::shrug:: Perhaps i'm alone in this assessment, but either way it was on often overlooked addition to the game which i thoroughly enjoyed exploring.

Posted: Jul 16th 2010 3:04PM Booda V said

By and large I skipped Forochel on my first character, showing up there only for my class quest, book quests & bounties. Though as soon as my alt hits the mid-forty range I'll be looking foward to doing every quest I can there and really exploring the area this time around.

Posted: Jul 16th 2010 4:14PM ScottishViking said

Forochel took some getting used to. I was level 60 before I even bothered going there on my first character, and so it was pretty boring and travel took forever.

My second character, I decided to go there after early Angmar quests. What a great choice. Not only is Forochel rich in ores (best place in the game to find Ancient Silver), but the scenery and environment are absolutely stunning. I really enjoyed the Lossoth quests, particularly around Ita-Ma (esp. the "marriage" subplot quest), as well as the "Hero of the Lost" quests. The only underdeveloped areas are the Giant area in the West and the undead citadel in the north-west. Both seem like last-minute add-ons.

Overall, today, Forochel is one of my favourite zones.

Posted: Jul 16th 2010 4:20PM ScottishViking said

Also, I should say that Lossoth rep armor is some of the best-looking in the game. My burglar is currently wearing a mix of light and medium Lossoth armor for his cosmetics, and is is just badass.

Posted: Jul 16th 2010 6:05PM Graill440 said

Never been there.....would like to. Why dont you work with the LOTR devs on accessability, i would like to visit that area someday and discuss combat with you......

Posted: Jul 16th 2010 7:12PM Phirmware said

How can you not like an area where one of the quest rewards is a pair of waders?

Posted: Jul 16th 2010 7:55PM (Unverified) said

I love how a few minutes at the hotsprings give you a heat buff for hour! Beautiful looking zone. After the storms clear and night falls, it comes into it's own with the aurora.

Posted: Jul 17th 2010 11:04AM Tom in VA said

I liked Forochel and Eregion but found the travel situation there more than a little aggravating. Opening up waypoints in these areas (as in other higher-level zones in LotRO) is tedious in the extreme, since you have to perform X number of quests and get X amount of rep to "unlock" them.

Sometimes I think the devs tried to make travel in LotRO as much of a pain in the butt as possible. In that I'd say they were pretty successful. : /

Posted: Jul 20th 2010 7:30AM (Unverified) said

I really like Forochel as well, it's one of my favourite zones in the game.