Posted: Jul 16th 2010 8:18PM Zontix said

Not a very good interview, can't wait for the game though it looks pretty incredible. Hopefully about all the "it's not repetitive" talk is true and not just bs.

Posted: Jul 16th 2010 9:01PM Audacious said

I like this game, but it's looking to be a one trick pony in the extreme.

The gameplay is literally its only claim to fame until they finally decide to give us some information about this enigmatic political system.

Posted: Jul 16th 2010 9:21PM (Unverified) said

mmm I think it's unique (as well) in MMO's for bewbie physics, too.

Or does AoC have that? /ponder

Posted: Jul 16th 2010 9:25PM (Unverified) said

Have to agree with Raze, the poltical system could make this game something excellent. The combat is nice, but it's not exactly innovative.

Posted: Jul 16th 2010 10:03PM Somnicide said

While the non-targetting system itself isnt exactly innovative, the combat is ANYTHING but 'done before'. I couldn't really explain it in words well, you'd have to play it yourself. It is extremely smooth and definitely not something you will find in other MMOs (at least not done well).
This is a good example:
It's a combat demo so you are in god mode, but the point is the same. Its not an MMO with action elements, its an Action game wrapped in an MMO shell.

That said, still waiting anxiously for political system news :/

Posted: Jul 16th 2010 10:12PM (Unverified) said

Ah, that does look quite different!

I'd only seen earlier videos from a caster's POV, so it seemed quite boring and predicatble. I'm interested now.

Thanks for the link!

Posted: Jul 16th 2010 9:35PM blueimpact said

Yeah, boob physics have been done in MMOs already. It's actually far from unique, a KMMO staple from the recent churnouts.

Posted: Jul 17th 2010 12:27AM Valentina said

Looks pretty cool. I'm gonna give it a try!

Posted: Jul 17th 2010 9:33AM Hambone Hamlet said

looking forward to this game, I like how they are trying to do something different.

Posted: Jul 17th 2010 8:35PM (Unverified) said

Does anyone else hate it when the characters don't strafe smoothly? In the combat demo posted above the character juts left and right when it is moving. I believe this is a more asian style of movement. I am just relieved the character isn't plastered to the ground like guild wars. The jumping looks very smooth and might even play into the gameplay.

I am very excited to hear more about TERA. It is viscerally stunning to say the least.